hey all. i had a 8320 and upgraded to the 8900 in february. when i ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jaymzb0nd no está en línea Stack level 3

Question about connecting to UMA

Advertisement

hey all. i had a 8320 and upgraded to the 8900 in february. when i upgraded, i saved my settings on my 8320 and loaded on my 8900, no problem.

lately i noticed my phone hasn't connected to my wifi at home for UMA so i deleted my connection on the phone (used to do this all the time with the 8320 since UMA was shotty with that phone), searched for networks, found mine, and tried to connect.

when i click to connect the phone says "this wireless router supports wi-fi protected setup. to connect using a PIN (which your blackberry will generate), click next." after clicking next, it gives me a PIN to enter into my wireless router and gives me 5 mins to do so.

what the f? i have no idea what this is about or how i'd enter it into my router.

s4berry no está en línea Stack level 3
    Are you using a personal home router or a
    T-Mob router? If personal, are you able to
    manually add the router to your phone?

I've never used a t-mob router, but looks
    like that is what the PIN is for? Or your
    personal router does have that particular
    feature to add a PIN (extra layer of security?). Take a look at the
    router documentation if you still got it, or
    check online.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

it's a personal router. i tried a manual connect but it said "Reason: W002 Wi-Fi Connection Failed."

Papag no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b0c8db

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.....

but the router sounds like it is set up to use WPA security encryption for access as opposed to WEP encryption. WEP wants a 10 digit access code (which my router uses..it's a password as opposed to a PIN), and I just enter the password (on my BB) I setup on the router using the router managment software that came with it (the router). I have never used WPA, so I am assuming that you would need to run the router managment software while trying to do this and enter the generated PIN number into the router in the allotted time to gain access with your BB.

thank you for the suggestion. i played around with it again, scanned for networks, found mine, and when it said "this wireless router supports wi-fi protected setup. to connect using a PIN (which your blackberry will generate), click next" i declined and clicked cancel or whatever.

this brought me to the regular screen i've become accustomed to where it asks for my security code. typed it in and all's well now. thank you

Papag no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b0c8db
    Cool