Hey Ya'll I'm totally new to the blogging thing, but I wanted a little help. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

ratrunway no está en línea Stack level 1

Question about Boost Mobile ~ Please help me techies

Advertisement

Hey Ya'll I'm totally new to the blogging thing, but I wanted a little help. I am interested in getting a Blackberry Curve 8330 smart phone. I am getting the phone with boost mobile. I understand that Sprint/Nextel/Boost are really similar. I just wanted to know if there is a way I could purchase the same exact model Blackberry Curve 8330 (unlocked sprint/Nextel) on the internet and get it activated on Boost Mobile service. Thank you!

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    If Boost supports that model phone, then yes, an unlocked version should work. I would however confirm with them that they fully support it, service books and all, otherwise you may get call functionality, but not data or SMS.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

tippmann15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Does boost only use iden? Or is it a duel phone?
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

wheelz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask4pin
    Sprint 8330 is a cdma and can not be unlocked. If boost and nextell are cdma then yes an 8330 from nextell or sprint will work on each others network. Cdma phones don't have the unlock capabilities. They only work with cdma networks.

MStrawder, thank you for your reply, I checked and Boost supports the curve 8330 phone model. Tippmann15, thank you for your reply. Boost uses CDMA with the Blackberry 8330 phone. Wheelz, thank you for your reply. From the information I have obtained thus far, Boost has a CDMA with this Blackberry phone. The pamflet says, "Requires activation of a Boost CDMA series Blackberry." And since you have to activate the phone on the boostmobile.com website, I was thinking that I can save a little money if I purchased the same exact cell phone online if it were a CDMA and the exact model. Even though the phone says "Sprint/Nextel".

hightack no está en línea Stack level 1
    There is a specific procedure that has to be followed to get a Sprint 8330 activated on Boost Mobile. You will however not be able to use all of the services. BBM and push mail will not work because you will not have a Blackberry Data Plan. Full functionality is reserved for Boost Mobile Curve 8330's.

ok. It all makes since now. Thank you much hightack.

Hello everyone! I'm back. I have finally got my 8330 curve. And it has been pretty good thus far. I did want to ask a couple of questions about it though. How do you prevent it from freezing when you are logging on a large site? And I recently purchased a new wall charger because mine went out. The new charger charges so slowly I do not know if it is the charger or the device. Is there A way that I can speed up the charging process on my device?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Did you get an official BlackBerry charger or a 3rd party charger?? If it is not a genuine BlackBerry charger then get one, if it is an official RIM charger then you may have something wrong with your USB port.

If you have trouble with a site try clearing your browser cache to see if that helps.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Thank you so much Azstar! Your comments were very helpful! Thank you

kolosus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    315677A8
    Are you using a charger (one that plugs into the electrical outlet on the wall) or a usb cord (one that plugs into your computer's usb port)? Most chargers are designed for Motorola devices... If you're trying to charge from the usb port of your computer then make sure you have the desktop software installed. The usb ports on computers are designed to give anywhere from 300-500 mAh while the Blackberry needs 800 mAh. The desktop software makes the necessary changes on your computer so that the usb can put out the necessary extra voltage.

If you're running linux then the desktop software wont help. You'll have to use barry-charge. Most mainstream distributions have that in their main repos... if you're using an exotic variety then you can go straight to the site and use it from there. It always installed on my funky distros without problems.

Good luck.