Hi all.. as I'm still trying to learn everything about the 8310, I found using ... BlackBerry Curve forum

s-one no está en línea Stack level 2

Question about 8310 and Google Maps Mobile

Advertisement

Hi all.. as I'm still trying to learn everything about the 8310, I found using the gmaps mobile (client) very helpful. When I first launch gmaps it always ask me if I want to enable the 8310 gps. Now I didn't pay for th gps service even though my phone has the capabilities, if I say "Yes" for gmaps and use it's gps abilities, does it cost me anything to do this? I'm with AT&T btw.

Thanks

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Gps is free. As long as you have a data plan you can use gps since maps requires a data plan.

That is awesome! thanks rd!

CrazEtooN no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    245FA336
    I have noticed that a lot of people are under the misconception that it costs money to just use the GPS. The reason for this is the shady reps at the At&t stores that lead you to believe it. At&t is actually trying to get you to sign up for TeleNav service, not for using the GPS; though they will tell you that you can't use the GPS without it, or some other nonsense when you can use it just fine.

Another program that is helpful, gives decently accurate voice directions, and is free is Nav4All. Just Google it and you will find the address.

NightFire no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Wheel
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I'm with at&t, too. I use Google Maps all the time without an issue (concerning my bill).

That is awesome! Thanks crazetoon and nightfire.

mcawthon2004 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    313d77b4
    I'm with at&t using google maps and nav4all I think everyone with a 8310 should go download it! Its free and talks to you I use it when I'm going places I've never been~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

dunno no está en línea Stack level 1
    It only costs you the data services used to transfer the maps to your device. That can be quite costy though if you are not on an unlimited plan.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    i much prefer the ATT navigator (Telenav) or the Garmin---they both cost the same per month...but the user interface is MUCH easier!!!! Nav4All is a car accident waiting to happen if you are trying to use it real quick while on the road.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?