Ok, sorry for being not too bright but I was hoping one of you all ... BlackBerry Curve forum

gkendall no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24874F00

Question

Advertisement

Ok, sorry for being not too bright but I was hoping one of you all could help me out.
    I have an 8300 curve and as far as I know that did not come with GPS, so, if I wanted to be able to use GPS like for maps and stuff while traveling, would I look for a Bluetooth GPS Dongle? Anyone know what I would need to equip my phone with GPS while in the car? Is this even possible? If you have any links to help me start on my journey to finding what I am looking for I would greatly appreciate it.

Gary <><

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    you just need the GPS for your phone that works over BT. I have a global sat i got off of ebay.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

iron07 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22bf2ae1
    you can also check out the store here at the stacks i belive they carry them also

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by melissaox View Post
    you just need the GPS for your phone that works over BT. I have a global sat i got off of ebay.
    Me too (a global sat bought new) and all you need to do is find a GPS puck and connect it via bluetooth to your phone and you have GPS. You can get directions and keep up with your location, etc. but no voice commands with the curve.

There's the Globalsat BT-359 - also look into Garmin - they have them. Shop around for one you like. You can find many new for $100 or less and used for a lot less than that.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com