I got the new desktop manager on my pc and set it up to grab ... BlackBerry Curve forum

joel_bud no está en línea Stack level 2

Quesiton about MS Office on BB8310

Advertisement

I got the new desktop manager on my pc and set it up to grab my calendar and contacts info. When you sync it up does it take all your contact and all your calendar stuff and add it to the phone ? How does it look ? if I update them on my phone and then come home and link it to my desktop manager and sync it to the computer will it transfer any changes back to my Office on the ocmputer. I'm just looking for a few answers form someone who uses it, I still havent yet but I think I'm going to very soon. Also would you reccommend a 2gig memory card in the phone ? Thanks...

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yes if you sync it with your pc it will pull the data from outlook and put it on your device. Also once it is there if you modify it in either outlook or on the blackberry and then synchronize it, the changes will all be brought over to the other place. So if you update something on the Device and then sync it will transfer over to Outlook and vice versa.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Hey Joel,

As for the media card, it will depend a lot on what you're going to put on it, but 2gb is a good starting point. To get anything larger will depend on your OS, but if you've recently purchased the 8310, you should have an OS of 4.2.2 which would support a 4gb card.

As for Outlook, yes, when you sync with your device it will push everything from Outlook to the device on your initial sync. It's been awhile since I've done a sync, but I believe you can set it up to go one way or both. I'm trying to verify that as I type this but of course the DM has hung up trying to connect via Bluetooth!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    There ya go! Thanks for confirming what I thought to be true, Mark!

joel_bud no está en línea Stack level 2
    ok sweet... I got 4.5.0.46 platform 2.7.0.63.. I should be able to support a new memory card....I will give it a shot and see how it works. I been wanting to combine all my data to a phone so I can use a pda and phone all in one. I currently use my BB 8310 and I have a Dell Axim that I use and I don't wanna keep carrying to items. The axim has no software updates and It just sucks carrying 2 items. I'm going to give it a shot and should be g2g Thanks for all the help...