I have bounced around in the phone settings. Not sure if its something I am ... BlackBerry Curve forum

paulypaul no está en línea Stack level 3

Q re: 8900 wi-fi connection type

Advertisement

I have bounced around in the phone settings. Not sure if its something I am missing, but is there a way to see if you have a 802.11 A or B or G connection. and is there way to see your UMA data rates?

like in windows, when you mouse over your system tray network icon you can see if you have a 1mb, 11mb, or 54mb connection.

the only thing I can seem to find is the DBM signal strength for my connections.

alryder no está en línea Stack level 3
    On the Bold (don't know for sure about the 8900) you go to the applications screen then select Manage Connections then select Service Status. Scroll down to Wi-Fi Network and it will at least show you the connection type you have. I've never seen anyplace to view the connection speed.
    I hope this helps.

jonesjj no está en línea Stack level 3
    Manage connections, wi-fi options, click menu button, select wi-fi tools select wi-fi Diagnostics.

alryder no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jonesjj View Post
    Manage connections, wi-fi options, click menu button, select wi-fi tools select wi-fi Diagnostics.
    Yup, there's the answer. It shows the connection speed.

jonesjj no está en línea Stack level 3
    You can get even more detail by selecting menu in the wi-fi Diagnostics page then select options and change Display Mode to advanced

paulypaul no está en línea Stack level 3
    thanks for the replies guys..