I'm sure this has been answered before but I heard you can put 4.5 OS ... BlackBerry Curve forum

matts5600 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Putting 4.5 on my Sprint 8330?

Advertisement

I'm sure this has been answered before but I heard you can put 4.5 OS from other carriers on your Sprint 8330... Could someone please link me to the best resource for this as far as directions and where to download.. Also will another carriers OS affect my phones features like GPS, I know verizon limits GPS to verizon nav.

thanks,

matt

grymtyrant@msn. no está en línea Stack level 3
    I use the Verizon 4.5os and no limitations. GPS, Sprint tv, all that work fine.

Use this link for instructions. http://forums.pinstack.com/f7/blackb...support-76342/

And use this link to get the Verizon OS. I think you can just put in your number, it doesn't really matter. http://vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry...px?ct=personal

matts5600 no está en línea Stack level 1

ty

Hey thanks a lot, i appreciate it. This seems like a great site im glad i found it.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    If you are wanting the latest release for the 8330 that will be the Alltel 4.5.0.89. There are multiple how to's listed here on pinstack and plenty of us to help if you need it. I am sure someone will hook you up with links for all you need I would but I am wap. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Also if you chose to go with the Verizion one linked above just enter 000-000-0000 for the number.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Kedarvis2007 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I just switched from .89 to .97 with no problems. Some other users mentioned about speaker blast troubles. I've experienced no such problems. I've noticed some menu changes compared to version 4.3, but nothing major. Oh yea, I have a Curve 8330 with Sprint.
    Hit me on my Blackburry!!!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I used the .97 beta before the Official .89 was released and never had any issue with it either. Was hoping that would be Alltels official release.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

rxmaker1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Request
    I also am preparing to upgrade to the Alltel 4.5.89 OS. I too have the 8330 from Sprint and love it but want to gain the "doc to go". ability. You most likely have seen this in the stacks but I have read in numerous places to have the DTM ver 4.6 installed on your PC (several posts have told of 4.7 problems). I hope this helps. You can PIN me if you like I will be doing the upgrade today. Oh yes, the GPS you have now will still be available in the upgrade (this was a make it or break it issue for me because I am very fond of Sprints GPS app (telnav I believe). Best Wishes!!!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Thanks for throwing that in rx. You are absolutly correct Desktop manager 4.7 is very issue pron and 4.6 seems much more stable.

joek71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    319CCF42
    I also have the Sprint Curve 8330 and updated to 4.5 here is the link to where to download the newest OS.
    http://www.berryreview.com/2008/10/3...-found-online/

Works great.