i am on att and i have 2 sometimes 3 bars in the EDGE coverage, ... BlackBerry Curve forum

indianacowboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30e66bcd

Question push issues

Advertisement

i am on att and i have 2 sometimes 3 bars in the EDGE coverage, yet only once in a while do i get my emails, i am sitting in a second story apartment not driving so i know its not b/c of driving in and out of range what might or can i do about this ? anyone ?

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Re: push issues

How much mail do you get and how often? Is mail coming to your PC and not the BB?

Keep in mind that RIM contacts your email servers and pushes mail about every 15 minutes.

Also, you need to make sure that in your email setups on your PC that you have "Leave Mail on Server" checked.

PIN/ID
    30e66bcd

i only get about 2 emails a day, and yes, i get them on my pc, but not bb, leave msg on server is checked

PIN/ID
    30e66bcd

i did a rest on my phone, it seems to be working now, i will repost later if prob comes back, thanks alot !!

emerson no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm having the same problem. I'll get maybe a fourth of the emails on the BB that I get on my pc. I have the "leave mail on server" set to on.

I finally went onto Comcast and set up my email to forward it from my primary account that I use to the Blackberry.net account I set up on the phone, and now I get them all...just don't know why it won't push them like it is supposed to.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

maybe it was just a BIS issue with ATT.

PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Comcast is one of the accounts that I have pushed to my BB. Not noticed any problems at all.

PIN/ID
    30e66bcd

can i set an an account like something@blackberry.net ? or......

BigBerry! no está en línea Stack level 1

im geting my curve this week......how does pusjing ut emails from hotmail n yahoo mail works...ty

PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Quote Originally Posted by indianacowboy
    can i set an an account like something@blackberry.net ? or......
    You can't generate your own account. One is set up for you when you get a BB dataplan and BIS access. However, I don't recommend using that account since it does not have a SPAM filter and the only way to check it is on the BB. No web or POP3 access to view it.

PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Quote Originally Posted by emerson
    I'm having the same problem. I'll get maybe a fourth of the emails on the BB that I get on my pc. I have the "leave mail on server" set to on.

I finally went onto Comcast and set up my email to forward it from my primary account that I use to the Blackberry.net account I set up on the phone, and now I get them all...just don't know why it won't push them like it is supposed to.
    Using your Blackberry.net account is not a real good idea. First of all, there are no SPAM filters and the only way to read the mail is on the BB as there is no POP3 or web accesss for it.

I would consider your "fix" as a temporary one as there is something wrong in how you set it up. We really can't tell since we can't see your set up information.

I would delete the account in BIS and reenter it. Something there that RIM didn't like.

You might try pulling the battery and letign the BB reboot and resending the service books. Those 2 things generally cure a lot of ills. Might should double check all of your entirs for spelling, etc.
    Last edited by Dubdub; 09-17-2007 at 08:29 AM.

emerson no está en línea Stack level 1

Okay, you're talking to a neophyte here. How do I delete the email account? Do I go through the setup process on the BB again to re-establish the account? And I'm mystified about the service books. Do I get on the pc and log on to Blackberry.net and send all the service books, or just certain ones? Do I need to delete them in the BB first? Thanks.