Hey everyone, I have a problem. The bigger problem is I don't know how to ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Dahm no está en línea Stack level 2

Program is slowly eating my phone

Advertisement

Hey everyone,

I have a problem. The bigger problem is I don't know how to fix it.

Problem
    I downloaded vNES (on the bb its called BerryNES), and installed it onto my VZW 8330 successfully. Its slow, so I decide I want it off. I go to the apps list, and its not there. I hit the menu button from the apps list, and view my modules. Its there, listed as BerryNES, but I cant delete it - only "View Properties", "Edit Perimission", and Edit Default Permissions".

Therefore, I tried going to my PocketMac program (Im using Mac Powerbook G4), and hitting "Remove Programs". It lists it there. So I hit remove, and it doesn't remove it. I tried removing MyAlarm to see if the remove function worked, and the remove function does work.

It was okay just having it there, even though I hated having something on my phone that could potentially slow it down until...

I noticed that now BeeJive wont connect, BBWeather wont load any of my profiles or create new ones (it deletes them as soon as I make a new one) therefore making it useless, and I keep noticing small things show up that never happened before.

Basically, vNES or BerryNES is slowly breaking down my phone, and I need it off.

Question
    I do have access to a PC, so can I wipe the info off my 8330 and reinstall the OS? Im running 4.5.0.85 (or whatever number 8_ is the MTS Official Release).

If you have any ideas as to what I can do, that would be great.

Thanks for your time and effort,

Dahm

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Question
    I do have access to a PC, so can I wipe the info off my 8330 and reinstall the OS? Im running 4.5.0.85 (or whatever number 8_ is the MTS Official Release).

That's what I would do. Wipe the BB and reinstall the OS...and add applications slowly - one at a time - and check to see if all seems a little more "normal" before proceeding. Good luck.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Well I was wondering how to wipe the 8330? If I just reinstall the OS, I'll just keep the old buggy file.

If you or anyone else knows, let me in it on

----

Nevermind:

Options, Security, General Settings, services --> Wipe Handheld

Thanks.
    Last edited by Dahm; 08-26-2008 at 01:06 PM.

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    use JL commander to remove the vnes or berryNES

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Dahm, The only reason that I suggested wiping is that you may have some "corrupted situation" on the BB. Also, if you try to install 4.5 over 4.5 it won't work because to DM it's the same release and NOT an upgrade.

This link give instructions on how to wipe the BB using JL_Cmder.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Well, I just got everything fixed. It took forever to set up my phone again. I had a good load of personal ring profiles which took a long time to set up again. I got the programs I want back as well.

Thanks for jblackfish who helped me a lot with this, though I did also look into JLCommander.

Follow up:

Solution
    Anyways, I wanted to let everyone know that the best way to do this is to wipe your handheld if you're ever stuck in my situation. From there, reinstall the OS, and begin the mayhem of reuploading your contacts, sound profiles, calendars, programs, and anything else that you may have had on your phone.