i downloaded and installed it but when i connect the phone to the computer after ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jaymzb0nd no está en línea Stack level 3

Problems with updating to new OS

Advertisement

i downloaded and installed it but when i connect the phone to the computer after the desktop manager has been opened, a dialogue box says looking for device updates but then that's it, it doesn't ask me if i want to install the updates.

i'm running version 4.6 of the desktop manager. what the f?

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Is this an Official OS from your carrier? If not you will need to delete the vendor.xml. If it is after opening DM go into app loader and select check for updates. It is the option on the right. If that still doesn't work close DM and go into c/program files/common files/ app loader and try running the loader file from there.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    You can use the loader. Crograms/common/RIM and I think its in the first folder. Be sure to back up first. Going from memory here. Looking for loader.exe or aploader...forgive me for not being precise.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Bah. 3 mins too slow. Nice cowboy.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

edit: got it running now. thank you very much guys
    Last edited by jaymzb0nd; 04-03-2009 at 10:59 PM.

ok so i thought t was working but apparently not. when i clicked to update the phone, a white screen came on the phone with a picture of a phone and computer and two arrows pointing at both. i left and 3 hours later it was the same thing. i unplugged the phone and it immediately went to the home screen as if things were normal.

i uninstalled the OS, restarted my comp and phone, reinstalled the OS and tried again and nothing, same problem as before when i wasn't deleting the vendor file. the file didn't reappear so it's not like i forgot to delete it again. what the f

PIN/ID
    ask me
    what the app loader screen in the pc say?
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

edit: i think i got it to work. updating now... yeah it worked. i'm an F'ing idiot. thanks for your guys' help
    Last edited by jaymzb0nd; 04-04-2009 at 09:23 PM.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    No problem
    Have fun
    Ea

this is driving me crazy. update worked. i put my memory card back into the phone and did a battery pull. when the phone would turn on it would go to what looks like my homescreen (colors different) and would say "memory card installed." it would then go to the T Mobile screen that appears when you start/turn off the phone and would be stuck there.

i hooked the phone back up to my computer and did a restore of my backup i did before attempting to upgrade. gonna stick with what treated me well before