I've run into a very big problem while using my 8900 with os 4.6.1.94. NONE ... BlackBerry Curve forum

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846

Question Problems With Profiles

Advertisement

I've run into a very big problem while using my 8900 with os 4.6.1.94. NONE OF MY PROFILES WORK!!
    That means that nothing that gets sent to me on my BlackBerry has any sort of notification other than the LED flashing, which works, but doesn't help to distinguish between the incoming messages, sms and such.
    On top of that, every time I attempt to edit profiles or create a new one my BB simply refuses to enter the edit menu and freezes for a minute or two before it will let me use it again.

Has anybody run into this problem or have any tips on fixing it?

anoxia187 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    i havent come around that problem as of yet. Did you try pulling out the battery ?

PIN/ID
    20F3D846
    Yeah, and actually I just got an idea, I should check to see if they will work while I'm running in safe mode, I'll post back with results.

PIN/ID
    20F3D846
    Quote Originally Posted by XLiMBS View Post
    Yeah, and actually I just got an idea, I should check to see if they will work while I'm running in safe mode, I'll post back with results.
    Ok, so I'm pretty sure I've got this figured out now. The OS I'm running is reported to be VERY buggy on other BB sites, (I'd never guess this, seeing as how my 8900 STILL ran very smoothly) but now I'm headed to downgrade back to 4.6.1.76 which is the latest OS version that ISN'T riddled with bugs.

I'll report back once I'm successful, lol

PIN/ID
    20F3D846
    Ok, dwngraded to .76 and every-thing's working swell now. Just wished I wouldve read up more before upgrading and starting this whole mess...

jeffharris no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by XLiMBS View Post
    I've run into a very big problem while using my 8900 with os 4.6.1.94. NONE OF MY PROFILES WORK!!
    That means that nothing that gets sent to me on my BlackBerry has any sort of notification other than the LED flashing, which works, but doesn't help to distinguish between the incoming messages, sms and such.
    On top of that, every time I attempt to edit profiles or create a new one my BB simply refuses to enter the edit menu and freezes for a minute or two before it will let me use it again.

Has anybody run into this problem or have any tips on fixing it?
    I'm making the assumption you are using a T-Mobile Germany 8900? I had the same problem, upgrading from .76 to .94. I believe anyone who tries it with a T-Mo Germany device will as well. I read in one of the other forums the same thing.

However, I got it to work, from reading up. Here's what you do.

You download 4.6.1.76, and install it on your computer (not on your 8900). Then after, you install 4.6.1.94 on the computer. Then you go to the directories where the .cod and other loader files are, (I don't have my Windows laptop with me I upgrade with me, so, I don't remember exactly here they are) then go to the 4.6.1.76 sub directory, copy the net_rim files that have the word "profile" in the file name (I believe there are 3), then go to the 4.6.1.94 subdirectory right below the .76 directory, and, paste those files in to the 4.6.1.94 directory. What you are doing is replacing only the .94 profile loader files with the old .76 files. Then do the upgrade to your 8900 to 4.6.1.94 via DM, and, all profiles will work fine.

I'd keep those 4.6.1.76 net_rim "profile" files handy, in the event you need to do it with future OS's

hazardouz no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31936c35
    I have this issue but with my 8830 verizon version, OS 4.5... Only one profile works, any ideas?