I've having trouble with my trackball.. I need some advice.. The problem is that the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

devingiles no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Problems with Non-responsive Trackball??

Advertisement

I've having trouble with my trackball.. I need some advice.. The problem is that the trackball is sometimes unresponsive when I try to scroll right. That sometimes happens when there is debris under the ball, so I took out the battery and moved the trackball around to see if any debris came out, which none did. I next opened it up and looked at the trackball and nothing seemed to be obstructing the trackball. So i think I may have voided my warranty, because I had to take the warranty sticker off of the left screw position in order to take the phone apart.

So should I just order another trackball and put it in or try to take it to T-mobile and get another phone? ( And I know they will probably say something with the warranty sticker being removed, so I will try to make up a story about why its missing. ) Any advice would help.. Thanks.

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    I also have had the same problems with my trackerball not scrolling down.
    I used a wet wipe (BABY WIPE) and scrolled my trackerball all directions with wipe on top. Be sure to squezee out ALL wetness from wipe, it has worked for me many times.

Hope it helps.

iLord is DEAD!

I tried using something similar to that already, and it didn't help me to solve the problem.

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    Well that suck$, well if you can take it to a repair store from you carrier, and if have owned for under one year they will replace it, but you will need to go to where you got it and find out where the closest repair center is. I ran my last one over with a forklift and they gave me a new one.

Worth a shot?

iLord is DEAD!

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I would definitely order a spare trackball or two just to have on hand. Try using a q-tip slightly dampened with rubbing alcohol, blot excess on a paper towel and then rub the trackball with the alcohol, work the trackball and do it some more. Also if you have it removed, clean the rollers as well. Let it dry completely before powering your BB back on. If you are feeling ambitious you can completely disassemble the trackball assembly and give it a good cleaning, but I would wait until you have a spare in hand. The parts are tiny and fragile, easy to lose, bend, or break. Here's a tutorial with pics for taking it apart. I'm good at it now, but the 1st time I bent the metal part and lost a roller
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

JeffNNJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    Happened to me a few times and a battery pull fixed it. Think it was a software issue.

I went to T-Mobile and they couldn't help me with my phone, because they don't deal with warranty issue and told me to speak with T-Mobile over the phone. He thought it was probably a software issue.

So I called T-Mo and they told me it might be a glitch in the software. He had me change the trackball sensitivity on the phone, and so far it has improved the responsiveness of the trackball. So I guess I will see how long this "fix" works..

Shadowshots no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    I had the same problem with my 8800. I'm pretty sure that it is not a software issue. I used an alcohol wipe, (the kind that you use to prep the skin before an injection, available at any drug store), I like those because they seem to leave less lint. And the I clean the track ball, rollers, and the pickups that are on the board it self. Plus the wipes are amazingly useful for spot cleaning all kinds of schmutz spots that you find around the house. Hope this helps.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Yeah I'm positive it wasn't a software issue. I ordered a new trackball, and it came in and I installed it. I set the trackball sensitivity to 70 again and now it works w/ no problem. So the issue was w/ the trackball.

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    i think all trackballs start having issues after a certain amount of usage... mine is starting to give out on me in one direction and its been about 5 months... but i have very very heavy usage...
    i see RED...

Female_MC no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A2C570
    Sometimes mine works, but I keep messing with it and it eventually begins working again. Took place a few times under 5 though.