So I have a new 1GB san disk card that I bought for my 8330 ... BlackBerry Curve forum

afurlong no está en línea Stack level 1

Problems with New Memory Card

Advertisement

So I have a new 1GB san disk card that I bought for my 8330 (I have Verizon & a Macbook, using PocketMac, if any of those details make a difference).

I put the card in once and everything worked okay, I then reformatted the card through Disk Utility and added a couple pictures to it from my Macbook, popped it back in, and still no issue. I then wanted to move the pictures I have saved on my phone onto my memory card. As I was going through the repetitive process of moving one of the images, the phone froze as I was trying to move "up" one folder. I popped out the battery and took the media card out. I put everything back in, turned on the phone, the phone turns on, runs the security scan, and then freezes. The shadow under my apps doesn't exist, and the time has not changed for 6 minutes so far. I've tried doing this two more times and still to no avail. When I take the card out, the phone works fine (I've since backed up my phone, just to be safe).

Any suggestions as what the problem may be?

dubie76 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    reformat card and try again.
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

Ok, thank you, that seemed to work. I didn't bother trying to copy the images from my Mac directly to the media card, instead I just emailed them to myself and downloaded them... tedious, but it worked.

Next question, I tried running some searches and couldn't come up with anything. Is it possible to put a password on a particular media folder? Or lock it from general access?

dubie76 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I sent you a PM
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

04Taco no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~you didn't say but to make sure, when you reformatted the card, did you use your mac or BB? Always try and format a media card using the BB. You will have way fewer issues that way.

paullamm no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319b4998
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Why take the card out to load files? I just turned on mass media. Then it shows up as a drive on the PC. Then just copy files to the card. I'm not sure if the MAC works the same way.

sesso no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    319F766D
    Quote Originally Posted by paullamm View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Why take the card out to load files? I just turned on mass media. Then it shows up as a drive on the PC. Then just copy files to the card. I'm not sure if the MAC works the same way.
    yes mac can if you have a card reader.

thanks guys, i got it all to work!