Hi, just traded in my Bold for 8320, got fed up of all the crashing ... BlackBerry Curve forum

janie215 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256A910E

Problems with missing sync?

Advertisement

Hi, just traded in my Bold for 8320, got fed up of all the crashing on the bold. Anyway Im having with missing sync, it just wont sync up. Didnt have this problem before with my old bold and my old 8820.

Does anyone else have this problem?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    What have you tried so far Janie and what have been the results. You've probably rebooted - what OS are you running and do you have that OS installed on your P-C? so that you could reinstall if you needed to. I assume that you DM is the same and that it worked with the other two BB's.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    256A910E
    Hi OS is 4.2.2.184. . I dont have it installed on my PC, can I do that with Missing Sync? I use a mac.

I have got my mac partitioned so have got windows as well however all my contacts are on my mac and I use my i - cal alot so want to sync with that.

I do use DM on windows - usually if I want to download themes etc or upgrade OS.

Dont understand why missing sync wont even recognise when phone connected, it always has before.

Janie, You can install the OS to your p-c without desktop manager. I am not experienced with Macs so my answers are all Windows based.

I also do not know if having the OS installed has any effect on the syncing process. I've never NOT had the current OS installed when using DM though. I'd install the OS and try again just to be sure that's not your problem.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    256A910E
    Thanks, do you know what the latest OS is for the 8320? Will try re-installing the latest OS.

Quote Originally Posted by janie215 View Post
    Thanks, do you know what the latest OS is for the 8320? Will try re-installing the latest OS.
    Janie, Get the latest (4.5.0.81) for th 8320 in this thread and follow these instructions for the upgrade (if you need them.)

PIN/ID
    256A910E
    Thanks, Ive downloaded the upgrade but every time I try to open it to install it I keep on getting this error - XML syntax error on line 1 cannot install.

Any ideas?

Sounds like a bad download, Janie. I've never seen that one. Remove it (and any other OS you may have for that device) from your p-c and re-download and try the install again. This shouldn't be causing a problem installing to you p-c if you have a clean download. We ARE talking install in Windows, right?

Maybe pick another supplier than the one you 1st chose.

PIN/ID
    256A910E
    Hiya, yes we are talking windows. Will try another download

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    get pocketmac sync manager to sync your berry with your mac. that's what i use.