I'm a complete noob to Blackberrys (got my first 8300 on Sunday) and an even ... BlackBerry Curve forum

bs265104 no está en línea Stack level 1

Problems with email

Advertisement

I'm a complete noob to Blackberrys (got my first 8300 on Sunday) and an even bigger noob to these forums (joined yesterday morning), but it seems like there are some pretty knowledgeable people here so please bare with me for a few days as I'm still getting used to this thing...

When I got the phone on Sunday I set up my Blackberry e-mail and after that registered all my subsequent e-mails (work, school, personal, etc.). E-mailing was a breeze Sunday and Monday, got new ones when they arrived, sent out composed ones. Around Monday evening I noticed I wasn't receiving any new mail from any of my accounts so I logged on my computer for the heck of it and checked all the accounts from there. They all had new mail. So I did some experimenting this morning and noticed I can send out e-mails but I just can't receive new ones (I did this by sending an e-mail from my school account to my work account, both of which are set up on the phone). I also tried sending one from my work account to my Blackberry account and when I did that I got an undelivered mail message sent to my work account on the phone. I've read that a quick fix for this type of problem is to pull the battery and resend the service books, but I'm not quite sure what that means. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do?

PacketRat no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID

Re: Problems with email

sure.. on your device take the battery out for a few minutes.. then put it back in. To resend your service books log into your blackberry BIS site and there should be a option there to resend your service books. That should take care of the problem.
    -------
    PacketRat
    258CDFE8

Did what you said, resent the service books, got the activation messages on the phone but still not receiving new mail (ran the same test, this time from a different account not registered on BIS). For the heck of it I went into Manage Connections>Services Status and it says under BIS Connection: not connected. This may be due to the fact I have very weak signal inside my office, but could this be the problem as to why I'm not receiving? Again I can send but not receive, which seems unusual.

bluenote31 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    240EBEC8

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I had a similar problem (sounds like it anyhow)... It turns out that either exchange or outlook was moving the messages sent by the redirector to my junk e-mail folder. This prevented them from being processed somehow. I fixed the issue by adding 20 or so entries to my safe senders list.

HTH

~BK

iridemybike no está en línea Stack Professional

In the upper right corner next to your signal strength does it say "edge" or "EDGE"? I've had all kinds of problems with my data when it says "edge" but when it says "EDGE" it works fine.

Tucker

I think I figured it out. Pretty much the same problem bluenote had, some messages were being sent to different folders and junk mail was being filtered. When I tried sending messages to myself I think the phone realized what I was doing and ignored it. The phone outsmarted me