Here I am again, talking to you all, because the T-Mobile Blackberry lady I talked ... BlackBerry Curve forum

BamaFan2989 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask :)

Problems with 8320 - Please Help

Advertisement

Here I am again, talking to you all, because the T-Mobile Blackberry lady I talked to was either stupid, or I didn't want to hear what she had to say.

I have had my Blackberry 8320 since it came out, to the day. Over the past few weeks it would do weird things, like reboot on its own, or turn off and I would have to wait a few hours before it would start up again. I would have to either charge it, or pull the battery and wait a few hours, and it would do what it wanted to do, when it wanted to do it.

Last night though, I dropped it again, and it wouldn't turn on. It tried to turn on this morning when I had the alarm set, but the hour glass came up, and just went off again.

So I tried pulling out the battery and waiting a about 30 minutes, that didn't work. I would hook it up to the computer and the wall charger, but all it would so is either have the red indicator light on for 10 seconds, or it would show a battery with a lightning bolt through it.

I decided to call T-Mobile, and they made me do what I had been trying to do, use AppLoader to try and update it. I even updated BDM, but that didn't matter either. Everytime it would try and re-connect to the JVM, it would get the error message "couldn't reconnect during a multi-stage loading operation."

I have tied installing it with and without the battery. I can connect it to my computer without the battery and the red light comes on, then a battery with a red line comes on the screen. But when I put in the battery, the red light comes on, then everything is just blank.

Any ideas for getting this damn thing to work for a few days?

I am planning on getting the 8900 in the next 2 weeks, but I can't right now for financial reasons. But I do want a phone for the next week or so.

Any help?

Lennox815 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20A71800
    My bb has the same problem but what I do is remove the battery. And with the lcd facing my palm slap it against my palm about two or three times and put that bat back in and it powers on. It sounds crazy but it works for some reason ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    have you tried to leave it on the charger for a while to make sure it's not a dead battery?
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

s2kneSs no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    If I were you I would try and get a refurbished one in return. (thats if you are still illegible for it)

I just got a 8320 about 7 weeks ago and 3 weeks into it it started acting up, I called TMO and they transfered me to their Blackberry/PDA dept and they sent me brand new 8320.

PIN/ID
    Well, I have given up. The TMo rep didn't help at all, even though I bought the phone the day it came out, always have had a Blackberry play, and a 5 year customer.

There is no reviving this curve. Will have to wait til Friday, and order the 8900.

Thanks guys.

jonesjj no está en línea Stack level 3
    I remember reading a thread saying that the metal plate around the LCD moves and shorts out the berry. Open it up and try to put it back in place. I'll try to find the thread.

jonesjj no está en línea Stack level 3

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaFan2989 View Post
    Well, I have given up. The TMo rep didn't help at all, even though I bought the phone the day it came out, always have had a Blackberry play, and a 5 year customer.

There is no reviving this curve. Will have to wait til Friday, and order the 8900.

Thanks guys.
    Bama, I wouldn't give up until you've called T-mo and talked to AT LEAST one Blackberry "expert" if you haven't - It sounded as though you spoke with a "regular" rep. T-mo has those available and most of them are pretty good. It may be a way to get some help with a replacement.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Bama, I wouldn't give up until you've called T-mo and talked to AT LEAST one Blackberry "expert" if you haven't - It sounded as though you spoke with a "regular" rep. T-mo has those available and most of them are pretty good. It may be a way to get some help with a replacement.

Even though I am like 3 or 4 months out of my warranty?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Do you have insurance, Bama? Warranty replacement won't happen if you've dropped it a couple of times.

s2kneSs no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    It wouldn't hurt to try, you've been a loyal customer right?

~via Blackberry~

PIN/ID
    Yeah, I mean we have had them for 5-6 years straight, and we always pay our payments.

I don't think I have insurance on it, maybe they would take it back anyway?

I am going to try and call them again later today, and maybe talk to someone who knows more about what they are talking about.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I just hate to see folks give up on Curves. I have both the 8320 (second line) and the 8330 and their both pretty spectacular as far as dependability IMO. Even if you change, you might get some compensation for your Curve in a trade - it doesn't hurt to ask. You're not out anything if they say no.

You should, of course, do what you want to - you need to be happy with your BB!
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Djmarbll no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219C9716
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    If you've dropped the device there isn't much software troubleshooting you can do since it sounds like a hardware issue. I say wait until you get the 8900.