I just got my Curve after using a Treo 650 for 2 years, and I'm ... BlackBerry Curve forum

emerson no está en línea Stack level 1

Problems syncing calendar with past dates

Advertisement

I just got my Curve after using a Treo 650 for 2 years, and I'm underwhelmed so far. I tried to sync using "change from another device" and I cannot get it to register any appointments on my calendar prior to today. I did a sync with the Treo with Outlook, and then synced Outlook with the Curve, and it looked like everything was going okay, but I still cannot see any appointments in the Curve prior to today.

I have 'Keep Appointments" in calendar options set to "keep forever". Can anyone help me out? It's late, I'm tired, and about ready to return the thing! As crazy as everyone seems to be about this phone I know it must not be as difficult as it seems to me. Thanks!

Dream Rider no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Problems syncing calendar with past dates

Quote Originally Posted by emerson
    I just got my Curve after using a Treo 650 for 2 years, and I'm underwhelmed so far. I tried to sync using "change from another device" and I cannot get it to register any appointments on my calendar prior to today. I did a sync with the Treo with Outlook, and then synced Outlook with the Curve, and it looked like everything was going okay, but I still cannot see any appointments in the Curve prior to today.

I have 'Keep Appointments" in calendar options set to "keep forever". Can anyone help me out? It's late, I'm tired, and about ready to return the thing! As crazy as everyone seems to be about this phone I know it must not be as difficult as it seems to me. Thanks!
    Open Desktop Manager and connect your Curve to your PC. Go to Sychronize>Configuration>Configure Synch..>Configure>Advanced Settings> select Trannsfer All Scheduled Items. Now schronize your Curve again and everything should be there.
    If you're going to dream - Dream Large!

emerson no está en línea Stack level 1

It worked! Thank you very much! I think I need a tutor.

Dream Rider no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by emerson
    It worked! Thank you very much! I think I need a tutor.
    At some point we all do!
    If you're going to dream - Dream Large!

peteyboy2k1 no está en línea Stack level 1

I am a 10+ year Palm user, and 5 year Treo user, and I just got a Blackberry Pearl yesterday (I started using t-mobile for Treos, and my wife has us stuck in one more year of service plan and my Treo 600 started acting up, and T-mobile doesn't even support Treos anymore), and I'm pretty unimpressed so far as well*. I went with Blackberry partially because I used the Memo feature on the Treo alot, and was impressed that Blackberry Desktop has a built-in migration tool. I also use Palm Desktop to sync, not Outlook.

My problem is I can't figure out if there's a way to have the Intellisync piece of Blackberry Desktop import past appointments to Blackberry, because it does not by default. Is there a way around this besides:
    • Re-install Palm Desktop with the Outlook hooks
    • Sync to Outlook
    • Sync from Blackberry to Outlook, setting it to bring in all appointments
    I tried to tweak the intellisync settings by setting up a sync to a text file, and specifying sync all appointments, and then running the wizard, but I had already run the wizard, and every time I ran it after the first time, it said it had "errors" (that I couldn't find the log for) and it didn't continue.

*With all the clicking to activate menus, Blackberry is a lot less intuitive to use than a the Palm OS. If you dial a call on the Palm, there are buttons right there on the screen during the call that say "Hang Up", "mute", "speakerphone". On the blackberry, you got nothin'. You have to know to click the button (pearl or dial), to get a menu with options. Aside from desktop view in the web browser, the pearl seems pretty 'tacked on'. How about more dialog boxes instead of the click menu?