For some reason, I cannot send or receive mms messages. I will attempt to send ... BlackBerry Curve forum

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro

Problems sending/receiving MMS.

Advertisement

For some reason, I cannot send or receive mms messages. I will attempt to send a message but it will never go through. I can receive mms messages, but there is never an attatchment: only a message telling me that the attatchments could not be retrieved.

I called cingular/att and they sent me the service books (which I had already done myself). They also had me change the sms center number.

MMS is still not working. I recently updated my OS to the optus os, so this may be the problem (I never tried sending an MMS before, however).

Any ideas why this could be happening?

Any thoughts or reccomendations before I wipe and re-install the old OS?

Thanks. (:

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Problems sending/receiving MMS.

I re-installed the newest AT&T OS and my MMS messages are working.

Also, did you know that (from the Curve at least) a picture taken with the settings set to LARGE will not send, but a picture taken under MEDIUM and SMALL will. Or mabye it's just my phone.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

ssnxp - we do have a few stackers (one that i know of for sure) that are having your same problem.

i can send MMS on the largest setting, to an ATT user - just when he receives it, he has to choose 'retrieve'

yamiR6 no está en línea Stack level 1

i am also having this problem. SMS works perfect, but any mms does not send. they used to send for me, but not anymore.

also, did you know that when you hit space twice on your computer it does not add a period. maybe i type on my curve too much....

Quote Originally Posted by yamiR6
    also, did you know that when you hit space twice on your computer it does not add a period. maybe i type on my curve too much....
    LOL. Hm, this is weird. AT&T was no help, I feel like reloading the Optus OS and seeing if MMS would work now..

I'm thinking I messed up somewhere during my first OS upgrade installation.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

my friend harry () had the same issue - he just downgraded to the ATT OS and it works for him...the optus wasn't working for him

Well that makes 2 of us, I haven't heard any other complaints from anyone else that upgraded to Optus. If I didn't have to head out, I'd try it right now. I guess I'll reserve 3 hours tonight for up and downgrading. :P

Upgraded back to Optus, MMS was not working. Downgraded to AT&T and MMS is once again working. I guess it was the OS. I also switched out the Blackberry and LBS ALX files when I installed Optus, if that has any effect. I miss the extra themes, but I can't find the ALX files for the AT&T OS right now so I'm stuck with Dimension Zen. Just an update.