Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I was having the dropping calls while on wifi and figured out it was the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Brian80 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

I was having the dropping calls while on wifi and figured out it was the handoff from uma to edge everytime that it would switch from uma to edge it would drop the call so I just got rid of the uma

djlitez no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    241C50A0

There are also ways to upgrade the OS to 4.5.x.x on the t-mo 8320. You just have to look around on the forum. T-mo is lagging behind when it comes to OS updates and transition to 3G

smomus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    248B113c
    I am on tmo and upgraded my OS to 4.5 on the 2nd of oct. I took out my SD card when i did the upgrade, put it back in and for 6 days it ran great. Yesterday morning I was showing my daughter some pics i had taken... even did a video of her that lasted for approx 8 minutes. then it started rebooting its self constantly. it wouldn't stay on for longer than about 5 minutes at a time. I read somewhere it was something to do with the SD card so I took it out for a time and the restarting stopped. So I copied the files onto my laptop and reformatted the card with the 8320 thinking that perhaps if it was formatted for the 4.5 OS it would work better. Nope. As long as I leave the SD card off everything is fine but as soon as i use it again it starts rebooting. I'm at a loss at what to do now so if anyone has any new information i would love to hear it.
    SMO ;-)

tonya68 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have a bb curve and I got it in jan and it quick charging about 5 months later and they replaced it. The replacement has now stopped charging as well. I have replaced batteries etc. IF you find out what the problems with these phones are let me know.

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    Tonya68, you should really kick off a new thread for a new problem. You should say which curve it is. Haven't heard of such issues - but, would say you either got two defective devices or you have power issues where you're charging them and perhaps the devices were shorted (if you're using a wall charger, it could be the wall charger is bad as well).

smomus, either you have a bad install of the OS, a really flakey build, or your media card is toast (maybe take it out, double-check that all of the copper connectors on it look good).

NeoLogic no está en línea Stack level 2
    Tonya, I would have to guess that you have a bad charger. If your old phone stopped charging, and you got a new phone, and used the same charger and it stopped charging, it's very possible the charger is not outputting the proper voltage. It happens all the time with those cheap chargers. It's also possible it damaged the phone, but you can test that by trying a new charger. However if you have been using different chargers, then I'm not sure what's going on. This should really be moved to a new thread... I hate to hijack the OP's thread.....

....speaking of which, your not going to get better customer service with Verizon, trust me, I'm a current customer, and can't wait to switch over to TMO. 2 more month's baby!! Not to mention, Verizon is an overpriced bag of crap with an instane ability to gimp their phones and UIs/front ends. You want to pay extra to use the GPS on your phone? You want to pay more to text? Data is more, the list goes on and on. Anyway, I hope you get your BB fixed, I think upgrading your OS to 4.5 will help tremendously. It's worth trying!! Let us know what happens.

smomus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    248B113c
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridicule View Post
    smomus, either you have a bad install of the OS, a really flakey build, or your media card is toast (maybe take it out, double-check that all of the copper connectors on it look good).
    Thanks for your response! Last night I again reformatted my media card but this time didn't put anything back on it. Its been 12+ hrs and no random restarting! Perhaps there was a problem with something that had been on there. Mostly it was music, ringtones and pics. I'm going to trash that copy of the music, use another copy and put back only the essential pics and ringtones and see what happens. Hopefully that is all it was... Bad data somewhere on the card. I'll report back what happens.
    If not I'll try reloading 4.5. I've never reloaded an OS. How do I do that if I need to?
    Thanks again!
    SMO ;-)

djdrew010 no está en línea Stack level 1
    ok so I decided to just get the warranty exchange because problems still existed with all apps that I put on deleted. I received the exchange yesterday and everything was working fine! But there is a catch!!!! I was just sitting on the couch phone in my lap watching the wings game and I look down and my phone is in the process of restarting it self. I give tmo a call and they said to make sure auto on/off is disabled, which it was, then she said to reinstall the software. I feel like I am reinstalling the software every week! I can't wait till I switch over to att! But with the time being what can I do? I don't want to give up my BB! Can anyone help?

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by smomus View Post
    I am on tmo and upgraded my OS to 4.5 on the 2nd of oct. I took out my SD card when i did the upgrade, put it back in and for 6 days it ran great. Yesterday morning I was showing my daughter some pics i had taken... even did a video of her that lasted for approx 8 minutes. then it started rebooting its self constantly. it wouldn't stay on for longer than about 5 minutes at a time. I read somewhere it was something to do with the SD card so I took it out for a time and the restarting stopped. So I copied the files onto my laptop and reformatted the card with the 8320 thinking that perhaps if it was formatted for the 4.5 OS it would work better. Nope. As long as I leave the SD card off everything is fine but as soon as i use it again it starts rebooting. I'm at a loss at what to do now so if anyone has any new information i would love to hear it.
    When you formatted the media card to 4.5, did you stuff all your stuff back in it?

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by smomus View Post
    Thanks for your response! Last night I again reformatted my media card but this time didn't put anything back on it. Its been 12+ hrs and no random restarting! Perhaps there was a problem with something that had been on there. Mostly it was music, ringtones and pics. I'm going to trash that copy of the music, use another copy and put back only the essential pics and ringtones and see what happens. Hopefully that is all it was... Bad data somewhere on the card. I'll report back what happens.
    If not I'll try reloading 4.5. I've never reloaded an OS. How do I do that if I need to?
    Thanks again!
    View your media card files in the bb media manager on your pc. Switch the viewing mode to "detail". Anything that's blank in the "attributes" column, get rid of it. Problem solved. I must warn you sometimes it takes the pc a while to load the info so don't accidentally delete anything that has an attribute but just didn't load fast enough. Good luck.

Diceone208 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Point of advise... There are no Technicians in T Mobile stores... its like asking a Waiter exactly how your food's being made... they DONT KNOW!

Call with another line available and speak to BB Rep with T Mo....

PLEASE READ....

The most common thing that people NEVER do with their BB that the need to is POWERCYCLE!!!!!

Turn it off and then back on, maybe before you get in the shower, This way... By the time you are dressed and actually will be using your BB again its already re-booted.
    DO THIS ONE TIME PER DAY
    This is supposed to help in the memory leaks, and overall performance of your device.

Sounds retarded... but when was the last time any turned their curve off???

Angisang80 no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~good point I tried to install opera mini and I've got this messege saying that opera mini is tryin to get through the front and back firewall.... WTF? I don't have a firewall! My boyfriend has an 8320 as well and he had no problemn by the way I've got an 8320 4.2.2.180 os PLEASE HELP!!

blazen2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2426EC63
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Im always using wifi w/uma and it switches back to EDGE. I have no problems with dropped calls the sound drops for a second but that's about it. I upgraded with my sd card in to 4.5.0.81 with no problems. I always do a hard reset when I feel my phone is being sluggish. I also clear the cache and other memory hog logs. I have the 8320 on tmo. I have never had any serious problems with the bb. The os betas are my problem but I expect bugs. I know routers get interferience from 2.4 ghz cordless phone or xbox 360. That also might be why you wifi is having problems. I hope every one finds the help they need.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12