Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

All right heres the deal. I go into T-mobile at least once a week with ... BlackBerry Curve forum

djdrew010 no está en línea Stack level 1

Problems!

Advertisement

All right heres the deal. I go into T-mobile at least once a week with problems with my BB, yesterday I went in twice! It keeps doing the same ****! 1.) Will drop calls while on WiFi 2.) Will shut off randomly, 2-5 times a day 3.) Freezes, froze twice yesterday, once when a call was coming in and when I was trying to veiw pics. I am getting really fed up with t-mobile tech support as they keep giveing me the same bs! I glad to see you've been a customer since 2002 and all this junk never really resolving my problem. I have had a BB since april and i love the thing but these problems are getting annoying! I have done a warrenty exchange about 2 months ago, after about a month I was having problems and had to reload the software. Everything was fine until 2 weeks ago when my phone would just randomly shut its self off then reboot. I've called tech sup. and they reset my phone on the network and all of this junk. I have replaced my sim, battery, and reinstalled the software and it's giving me problems. I hate to say it but im kinda looking at an iphone, or switch over to att to get the bold or verizon to get the shadow. I hope someone can help me! and sorry for this long post! Thanks in advanced.

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    I used to call customer support before I found this forum! Now I only call if it's a network or billing issue.

Which OS do you have on there now?

What 3rd party apps do you have installed?

Let's start there and see where it takes us.

Os V4.2.2.184. For third party apps I have ESPN quick launch, mail, and Google Maps.

OK, let's start the easier way first. Uninstall your 3rd party apps and reinstall one by one. That way we can find out if it's one of those that's causing the problems. Play around with your bb for a few minutes between each app install and see if you can reproduce the error. Let me know how that goes, and we'll see if we should upgrade to another OS.

By the way, if the mail you're talking about is your BIS or BES, don't worry about trying to remove those from the phone.

c3po25 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    212D4E69
    Quote Originally Posted by djdrew010 View Post
    All right heres the deal. I go into T-mobile at least once a week with problems with my BB, yesterday I went in twice! It keeps doing the same ****! 1.) Will drop calls while on WiFi 2.) Will shut off randomly, 2-5 times a day 3.) Freezes, froze twice yesterday, once when a call was coming in and when I was trying to veiw pics. I am getting really fed up with t-mobile tech support as they keep giveing me the same bs! I glad to see you've been a customer since 2002 and all this junk never really resolving my problem. I have had a BB since april and i love the thing but these problems are getting annoying! I have done a warrenty exchange about 2 months ago, after about a month I was having problems and had to reload the software. Everything was fine until 2 weeks ago when my phone would just randomly shut its self off then reboot. I've called tech sup. and they reset my phone on the network and all of this junk. I have replaced my sim, battery, and reinstalled the software and it's giving me problems. I hate to say it but im kinda looking at an iphone, or switch over to att to get the bold or verizon to get the shadow. I hope someone can help me! and sorry for this long post! Thanks in advanced.

When you drop calls while on WiFi are you on a bluetooth headset or just on the handset?? When on WiFi if you use your BT headset it will give you a lot of drop calls. as I was informed when signal to the BT headset conflicts with the signal for the WiFi. What I do is to select network as the priority for connections and when I'm on the call with the mobile network my data still work through WiFi. hope that helps

I use WiFi and BT all the time together and never have a problem.

johnnybrav0 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Like ganns1980 said...First uninstall third party apps. Than used your phone and don't install any third party apps for a couple of days to see...

I would install one apps at a time to test it out...

ok I uninstalled the 3rd party apps start up seemed slower. I also noticed that all my pics and ringtones were gone. Things seem a little better but if I can't have my apps I don't know what I'm going to do! I still have to try it on wifi.

c3po25 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    212D4E69
    Quote Originally Posted by ganns1980 View Post
    I use WiFi and BT all the time together and never have a problem.
    lucky you!! not so lucky my way....try numerous times and no success...damn..lol

Quote Originally Posted by djdrew010 View Post
    ok I uninstalled the 3rd party apps start up seemed slower. I also noticed that all my pics and ringtones were gone. Things seem a little better but if I can't have my apps I don't know what I'm going to do! I still have to try it on wifi.
    Your pics and ringtones are gone? I don't know what's going on there, I've never had that happen from deleting apps.

Put your apps back on one at a time, and play around with your bb a bit between app installs. When you install something and it starts acting weird, let us know what app it was and we'll go from there.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    the phone restarting can be one of a few things: it could be the phone really struggling to free up memory or a firmware issue. some thrid party apps can cause problems with the device as well as some accessories (ie:stereo bluetooth headset while connected to wifi). what type of wifi connection are you accessing, is it a work, or home or is it one of t-mobile's hotspots?
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

wifi at home(dell router) and work(2wire). I don't use BT. The memory was at like 24xxxxxx Bytes, now it is at 258xxxxx Bytes Free. I do clear the event log on a regular basis(once a day) too.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    It shut itself off again this morning I have the slightest clue what's going on here! I did not reinstall any apps.

Ok, I can guide you through upgrading your OS, there's also threads here on Pinstack that will walk you through it. Not at my pc right now to be able to get you the links, but if you search for upgrade, you'll find forums on it. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Try updating to 4.5

Do you have a media card?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast