Just got off the phone with the RIM techs and there seems to be a ... BlackBerry Curve forum

bgreer no está en línea Stack level 1

Problem with os 4.5.0.69

Advertisement

Just got off the phone with the RIM techs and there seems to be a problem with the 4.5 os's that are popping up. I was unable to open any email attachments. I was using 4.5.0.55 when I first noticed it so updated to 4.5.069 to see if that would fix it, but it didn't. In talking with the RIM techs they believe that 4.5 at this time has the attachment problem, and other problems depending on your application configuration. I decided that I needed to open attachments more than I needed video recording so I went back to 4.2. I'll wait until ATT officially supports 4.5 and then I'll give it another try. Really liked some of the other features of 4.5 but seems to have some significant problems.

joeperrin212 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    245DA445
    What kind of attachment problems were you having? I have had 4.5 for awhile now without any issues once I installed the Documents to Go.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cgladba1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have 4.5.066 on my 8330 and I spoke to RIM today who told me that I have to revert back to my old OS that the 4.5 does not go with my Verizon service books and is causing issues with my blackberry. One issue is I can't open .pdf's. Another is that I started an e-mail today and when I went to send it, I had no send in my list. The other issue is I have gotten over a 1000 e-mails this week from RIM that state, "This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server." This is usually corrected by deleting your service books and resending them but when we did this it did not correct the issue. I was told this is not being corrected because the 4.5 OS does not go wiht the Verizon Service Books and I would have to reload my old OS. UGH!!!! I am not on a BES. Verizon 8330, OS 4.5.066

joek71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    319CCF42
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i just did update to 4.5 and I noticed lot of apps not working.

bgreer no está en línea Stack level 1

Another try

Decided to give 4.5.0.69 another try. wiped my BB and reinstalled and wonder upon wonder all seems to be working as advertised. I did not reload Empower this time and my inability to open email attachments disappeared. Google Map, Pico, Vlingo, Viigo are all working properly. Browser seems fine so all is good with the world. I have tried every combination of things that I can think of and it seems solid. I send Empower an email denoting the problems that I had and will see what they have to say about their application.

Video recording is working and I love the ability to read Microsoft documents.

Will be more comfortable when ATT gets their act together and publishes their version of 4.5 but as of this moment, I'm a happy camper.

BERRYCURVE no está en línea Stack level 5
    Wow, I've had 4.5.0.55 for over 2 months now on my 8300 and haven't had any issues. All attachments open, browser is perfect, video recording decent. I am with AT&T but you never know each phone will be different I guess.