my 8320 got wet couple of months ago, now the red end call button no ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Ericbl no está en línea Stack level 2

problem with end call button

Advertisement

my 8320 got wet couple of months ago, now the red end call button no longer functions. I have to use the menu button than hit end call. also must hit the backspace button several times to go back to the main menu. everything else is functioning properly. and ideas on what to do with it?

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    There's probably corrosion under that button. If it's water damage, then you won't be able to claim warranty exchange. Best bet is to take it to a professional to take it apart and repair it.

BBEnriched no está en línea Stack level 3
    As was stated above its likely liquid damage caused your problem. Do you have insurance on your device? You may want to back up your information now and see if you can get an insurance replacement.

Ericbl no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks Ben, BB i do not believe the issue is corrosion as it failed as soon as it got wet. Perhaps there is corrosion now, I was out of town, took out the battery and set the unit on the AC vent in the hotel. everything else came back to life but the end call button. guess I will hold onto the phone until something new comes out. Like this on because of the UMA when I travel overseas.

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Usually when is water damage you can't just go into the store and get them to chan it for you.. Best thing for you to do is backup everything and try to get it fixed. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~