Hey Folks, I had to get rid of my data plan today, was getting too ... BlackBerry Curve forum

captain_tinker no está en línea Stack level 2

Problem with email accounts

Advertisement

Hey Folks,
    I had to get rid of my data plan today, was getting too expensive. Once I did, I realized I had not gone into the Blackberry Internet Service to remove the email addresses I had set up. They are still showing up on my desktop, and I cannot figure out how to get rid of them. Is there a way to do it without a data plan, or do I have to call ATT again to get them to put my data plan back on long enough to delete it?

-capT

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    tinker, when you say Desktop, do you mean on your device homescreen?

Go to Options>Advanced Options>Service Book, locate the service books for your e-mail accounts. There will most likely be two sets for each e-mail address, one followed with CICAL for calender and the other for CMIME for e-mail. Highlight each one, press the BB menu button, then select delete.

Once you've deleted all the service books, pull the battery on your devce and when it reboots, the message folders should be gone!
    Last edited by RogerG; 03-04-2009 at 08:39 AM.

Ah yes, that seems to have done it. It took a while to figure it out, I had apparently set my firewall, and it would not allow me to delete it. Once I figured that out, it deleted ok.

Now I just need to figure out why my calendar won't sync to it now. I figure it has something to do with removing my email accounts, as that's messed me up before. I've just not had a chance to finish messing with it yet.

-capT

Well, Found this:

http://forums.pinstack.com/showthrea...t=89371&page=2

That didn't really help, for some reason there was nothing under the Default Services. So I backed up, wiped the handheld, restored, and then tried the sync again, that time it worked. Whew!

-capT

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Glad to hear you got it worked out, Captain!