I received a paper attached with an email. I downloaded the file n opened it ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

problem with docs to go

Advertisement

I received a paper attached with an email. I downloaded the file n opened it with docs to go. I edited the file n saved it. When I sent the file the person on the other end can't open the file. I sent it to my own emailb account n i can't either..any reason why this happens? Is there a way to fix it?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Did you try and open it on your BB, or on a PC from your email?

Do you have encryption turned on?

PIN/ID
    ask
    Idk anything about encryption n I sent it to both a bb n a pc

PIN/ID
    ask
    Can I get sum help here.... Still having a problem reading the file off another computer

eduardog21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215C7A2A
    What version of office does the computer you sent it to have? I know that if you don't have an update for older than 2007 Microsoft Office they cannot view docx files since that is a newer version of a doc extension. Maybe docs 2 go saved ur file as a 2007 and later docx file but your version of office on the comp doesn't have the update to read that updated extension. Maybe that could be it. Check the extension on the files. If it's (.doc) its the older version and if its (docx) it's the newer version. Also, through what email provider did you send the file. It's a long shot but maybe that might be the problem. A corrupt transmission might have accurred. Like I said, it's a long shot.

Update:
    I just did a quick test by sending both type of files over to my Gmail account from my 8900. Since I have the 2007 version of Microsoft Office both worked perfectly.
    Last edited by eduardog21; 05-12-2009 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Update Questions

PIN/ID
    ask
    Mine does say docx and I am sending it to a computer that doesn't have an updated word. Is there any way to send my docx to a doc computer from the doc2go app?

PIN/ID
    215C7A2A
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekzt1nr View Post
    Mine does say docx and I am sending it to a computer that doesn't have an updated word. Is there any way to send my docx to a doc computer from the doc2go app?
    There are two options, there is an update for Word that let's it read docx files or you can change the option in word on docs2go under preferences to save future files to MS Word 97-2004 files and paste and copy the contents from your docx word document and save it but this time it will be a regular doc extension that is readable by any MS office product. I'll try to find the update for Word to read docx files.

This website shows you what you need to do to use docx files with older versions of Word.
    http://www.geckoandfly.com/2009/03/11/how-to-convert-and-view-microsoft-office-2007-docx-format-with-office-2003/
    Last edited by eduardog21; 05-12-2009 at 01:05 PM.

PIN/ID
    ask
    thanx for the info, i'll check that out as soon as i get home...really appreciate it

PIN/ID
    215C7A2A
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekzt1nr View Post
    thanx for the info, i'll check that out as soon as i get home...really appreciate it
    No problem, I remember having that same problem at school when I tried accessing my files. Schools are always kinda late to update. Now I just save everything in the old .doc format just to be safe. Good luck.