Have been using the curve for a week now and love it. I use the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

aybee no está en línea Stack level 1

Problem with Dimension Today theme

Advertisement

Have been using the curve for a week now and love it. I use the Dimension Today theme that came with the phone. On certain new sms msgs, I open them up from the home screen, but after I delete them they still how on the home screen. It even goes to the message when I click on it.

however, if I look in the sms inbox folder its missing. I need to reboot the phone to make it disappear.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

A.

Re: Problem with Dimension Today theme

I installed another today theme - but same issue. Seems like when I delete and sms, its not getting deleted "completely" and only a reboot clears some cache somewhere.

Sorry If I am asking anything obvious, recent bberry convert.

Thanks again,
    a.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Welcome to PinStack.

Don't really know what to tell you. By chance, are you saving the SMS before trying to delete it?

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~checked that but no, its deleted in all folders. Maybe its just one of those things am trying again but if it doesn't work, I guess its the zen theme for me.

ikasen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Just in case you haven't given up yet; when you reinstalled the today theme, did you delete the old one first and do a battery pull before reinstalling. Maybe even do a battery pull after installing. Sounds like a lot, but might be neccessary considering your problem.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

i think its 1) a theme issue or 2) a theme/OS issue

it happens to me too aybee not all the time, but it does...only mine also happens in the regular Messages app too

kashfr no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24048BEC

I have a similar problem aybee. Only my problem occurs with my BB Messenger program. The little smiley face stays on the home screen indicating I have a new message but this is not the case. The only way for me to resolve this is to do a battery pull also. This really sucks. Hopefully this issue will be fixxed in an upcoming OS upgrade...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i think I resolved it by deleting the sent items associated with that sms. There seems to be some mess up with the way history is being stored.

kashfr no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24048BEC

Sounds like we need an OS update geared at fixxing these little issues we are coming across. I hope some one from the RIM administration stops by these forums from time to time to see what we are discussing pertaining to their beautiful creation...

Zach no está en línea Stack level 1

I had The same problem On my Pearl, Although I have went through 4 Pearls in 4 months. So now I got fed up and told AT&T I do not want another Pearl, so they are sending me a Curve. If this one acts up Im gonna tell them I want a Treo next.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Quote Originally Posted by Zach
    I had The same problem On my Pearl, Although I have went through 4 Pearls in 4 months. So now I got fed up and told AT&T I do not want another Pearl, so they are sending me a Curve. If this one acts up Im gonna tell them I want a Treo next.
    Oh goodness....you said the Treo word
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

Zach no está en línea Stack level 1

Hey I haven't excatlly had the best experience yet with a BlackBerry... Hopefully the curve will redeme them. LOL

moonpie23 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2402DDDB

I've had this sticky messages with the today and today plus theme. I do not know what causes them but the easiest way to fix it is to go to messages, options, general options. Under general options change SMS and Email inboxes to separate. That removes the message. Change it back to combined or theme controlled if that's how you prefer. Easier and quicker than a battery pull.

I would still love to know how and why this happens but at least there is a quick fix for it....

redmoon no está en línea Stack level 2

I have been having the same issues with my 8320 from Tmobile. The quick fix from moonpie23 worked. Thanks! Very irritatingbug so I switched to the Tmobile Zen theme (Hopefully it will be fixed in the next OS upgrade)

Tallrandal no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: Problem with Dimension Today theme

I am using the ATT Curve and I too have had the sticky message problem. Moonpie23's tip worked!! Now it’s just a matter of changing the general options every time till they update this issue in the OS. Let me tell you, it took sometime to figure this out. Thanks Moonpie23!!!!!!