Hi everyone. I am having a huge problem with my Curve. I downloaded the new ... BlackBerry Curve forum

anastaciamcderm no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Problem with Curve OS Upgrade

Advertisement

Hi everyone. I am having a huge problem with my Curve. I downloaded the new OS 4.5 from Blackberry's website. I tried to install it via my computer but as soon as it got to the last task I got an error. JVM Error: 513

I found some information on the problem and tried to install again through my computer without the jvm (loader /nojvm). This worked fine and it said that it installed but my phone is stuck on a loading process. I tried this through two separate computers, through the Blackberry website, through a prompt on my computer and pretty much anything else I can think of with nothing working. Does someone know how I can fix this and get my phone working again? I even tried to re-install the old OS but to no avail. I need my phone, it's the only one I have and it's my work phone. It has all my calendar information, appointments, phone numbers and so forth in it that I need. I backed up the phone but I can't access the file because my phone isn't working.

I am so frustrated.

Please help.

Thanks in advance!

-Anastacia

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    You should use jl_cmndr and wipe your device. Once wiped you can then try to reinstall again. The load process can take as long as an hour so patience is a must. There is a link in my blog for the how to written by lavagirl. Check it out and if you have any questions ask.
    Last edited by moderncowboy; 01-04-2009 at 10:36 PM.

Mizzou no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20E22C7E
    Had the same thing happen but ended up wiping it with JL and then loading the old 4.2, then upgrade to 4.5. I tried to load 4.5 after a wipe but it kept getting an error. After a few times through I got it all to work though.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Thanks for the input Mizz