i have the newest optus OS installed and DM 4.2 service pack 2. I routinely ... BlackBerry Curve forum

greggov no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24047dae

problem with backup: data not recognized

Advertisement

i have the newest optus OS installed and DM 4.2 service pack 2. I routinely back up my device (every other day). Yesterday, plugged in the BB and hit backup, and it appeared everything was going smoothly until it got to "Profiles" and an error message popped up "communication error: the data was not recognized by the device"

I cleared the RMS and Content Store databases, and even cleared the Profiles database and retried. same error. Did a battery pull - same thing.

any one have any ideas? i have uninstalled and reinstalled DM 4.2 sp2, pulled the battery, restarted the computer.

sgardiner no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: problem with backup: data not recognized

Try this. Open up desktop manager and connect your BB. Double click on back-up and restore and click advanced. Highlight the items you want to back -up under "Device database" (use the control key on your computer) and then click the arrow to send it over to the left under "Desktop File Database".

PIN/ID
    24047dae

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thanks for the suggestion. Yeah, that will work, but I would like to know why that happens? Any idea? It just kinda came out of nowhere.

sgardiner no está en línea Stack level 2

I dont know. With all the 3rd party software, there are bound to be hick-ups.

PIN/ID
    24047dae

true but it was working flawlessly for several weeks. this is what i have installed: JiveTalk, SimulSays, TeleNav, beyond411.

i know there are workarounds, but i'm one of those people that prefer to have things work as they should i'll keep messing with it

PIN/ID
    24047dae

I seem to have found part of the problem, but dont know what to do with it. Looking at the event logs, I see this:

name: ClassCastException
    GUID: 9c3cd62e3320b498

no detail message
    net_rim_bb_profiles_lb
    profiles
    convert
    0x96b1
    net_rim_os-6
    serialsyncdaemon

there was more to it, but i figured this was the most important part. does this mean anything to anyone?

im in the middle of downgrading back to the previous os (rogers) to see if that fixes it. Hmm..

mcgowan08 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

I had the same problem after upgrading to the Optus os. I just cleared my profiles through app loader and retried i
    t and it worked.
    PIN - 24053627

PIN/ID
    24047dae

I did that too. I also spent the better part of my day wiping and reloading the OS, going between the Rogers release and the Optus. It appears to me that a program I was running, SimulSays, caused the problem. I previously had beyond411, JiveTalk, TeleNav, Google Maps, and SimulSays installed. now I have everything but SimulSays, cleared the RMS and Content Store databases and I seem to be up and running smoothly. Hmm. Too bad, because I really, really liked SimulSays. Thanks for the input though, I appreciate it