Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hope someone might be able to help me out - here's the rundown of my ... BlackBerry Curve forum

maryheine@gmail no está en línea Stack level 1

Problem with Aliph Jawbone and Curves

Advertisement

Hope someone might be able to help me out - here's the rundown of my problem.

I got a BB Curve. Then bought a Jawbone. It worked fine for about 3 weeks, then SUDDENLY no one could hear me, but I could hear them when using the Jawbone. I pulled the battery, did a master reset, nothing worked.

I got a new Jawbone, same problem.

I got a new BB Curve, got a new Jawbone (exchanges) - SAME problem!

I got a BlueAnt BT and it seems to work fine, but boy can you hear every background noise despite what the package says.

I want my Jawbone back!!! Does anyone know anyone with a similar problem? Help!
    Last edited by maryheine@gmail; 01-21-2008 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Misspelled phone

ddmaxx007 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24243e18

Re: Problem with Aliph Jawbone and Curves

I have the curve and Jawbone for a little over a month with no issues what so ever. I would assume since you have replaced the bluetooth and the BB that you have deleted the jawbone from your bb and then rediscovered it?

hoosierdaddynow no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249f8227

Did it sound like you were at the end of a long hallway? That's what my plantronics did after a few weeks. I replaced it with a jawbone about three weeks ago with no problems yet.

To answer both replies:

Yes, I rediscovered, took the battery out again - tried it all to no avail.

No, it wasn't even a matter of degraded sound quality. They couldn't hear me at all. I could hear them perfectly, but for some reason NO sound was being heard.

I just saw another post that said something about Jawbone support telling people that BB's weren't compatable because of the noise reduction technology. But why would it have worked perfectly for 3 weeks if that were the issue?

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG

They just gave you an excuse..... I emailed Jawbone before I bought the earpiece and they told me that it will work with both my Blackberry's (8100 & Curve).
    You can go into options/ bluetooth/menu and check the device properties. Make sure they are all set correctly..... Or you can delete the bluetooth (Jawbone) and reinstall it and out the password back in and it should work.....
    Last edited by stnkyq2; 01-21-2008 at 05:12 PM.
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

oester no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    202666AC

Finally - someone with the same problem I have. I've been a long time user of the Jawbone on all my BB's - never a problem. I recently had my JB replaced with new one. Same problem as you describe. I must be a change to the JB firmware.

qbangringo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    302C0803

I also use the jawbone with my blackberry 8320. The jawbone is an amazing headset. I have yet to experieince such a problem. Mine works perfectly! I purchased the jawbone around june 2007! Maybe the previuos poster is right. My advice would be to call aliph (jawbone manufacturer) to make sure and possibly trouble shoot this issue. Also try connecting the jawbone on another phone!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by maryheine@gmail View Post
    Hope someone might be able to help me out - here's the rundown of my problem.

I got a BB Curve. Then bought a Jawbone. It worked fine for about 3 weeks, then SUDDENLY no one could hear me, but I could hear them when using the Jawbone. I pulled the battery, did a master reset, nothing worked.

I got a new Jawbone, same problem.

I got a new BB Curve, got a new Jawbone (exchanges) - SAME problem!

I got a BlueAnt BT and it seems to work fine, but boy can you hear every background noise despite what the package says.

I want my Jawbone back!!! Does anyone know anyone with a similar problem? Help!

This happened to me with a Plantronics M2500 and a BB 7105t except that the M2500 kept dropping calls. It would beep 2x and hang up the call. Upgraded to the Pearl and a Moto H500 (had a few issues connecting the two but it worked fine afterwards until I lost the dang thing). Only thing I don't like about the H500 (and this is probably how I lost the thing) is that it flops around on your ear.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 01-22-2008 at 03:26 AM.

Thanks for the replies.

I have a support question submitted to Aliph, so hopefully i'll hear something soon. I'm just wondering how my firmware may have gotten updated...maybe when I connected it to my computer with the USB cable it does this automatically??

justajason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242C7F74

You realize that the little rubbery plastic piece has to have contact with your face for the mic in the jawbone to work. Thats what its there for. Its part of the external sound deadening. I was having a problem with people hearing me, I could hear them fine, and they werent hearing what I was saying.
    Problem fixed when I trimmed down my sideburns....hehe
    Ugh, couldnt think of anything to change it to.

God help me if I have to trim my sideburns since i'm (last I checked) still a woman and then my jawbone is the least of my issues, but yes, I did double check the contact to my face and that seemed to be fine as well. Unless there's something that i'm doing wrong and don't realize...earbud in ear, rest is on my cheek.

rpwash no está en línea Stack level 1

I too am interested in the resolution to this problem. I have had a Jawbone for several months, which began pulling apart, as I remove the charger. AT&T replaced with a new unit, however like you, I can hear others (actually better than on my previous unit), but they cannot hear me. Hoping for a solution.

Loyal2hiphop no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    240c5953

Anyone figure out the resolution? I just got my jawbone and it worked for like a day then all of the sudden no one can hear me and this also happened with my h500. So anyone know the fix to this?

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG

I guess you jinxed me too; know my Jawbone is not working either... I get a couple of people that I can talk to, but then the next caller can not hear me at all when I answer the phone..... I am pissed it has been working fine til I replied to this Post........
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

Loyal2hiphop no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    240c5953

Awww man im sorry lol. Funny thing about jinxed though is that i was so excited talking on my jawbone and having people say they can hear me clearly that i said im glad this didnt end up like the h700, i hang up and call someone else and now it doesnt work. So i really hope there is a solution to this becaused im pissed as well and want to have atleast one bluetooth work for me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast