A couple of weeks ago my 8900 suddenly stopped getting phone calls, texts, etc...I only ... BlackBerry Curve forum

xxchixorxx no está en línea Stack level 3

Problem with 8900/Tmobile/sim?

Advertisement

A couple of weeks ago my 8900 suddenly stopped getting phone calls, texts, etc...I only found out when my daughter came to the house and asked why I wasn't answering my phone. So I tried dialing out and got the "no service" type of tone. Rebooted and it seemed to come back to life.

Not long after that, the same thing happened and even after rebooting I now had the red SOS in the corner, then it would try to go to GPRS, only to be replaced by SOS again and with no sign of it even trying to go into UMA mode. This time I had to reboot it 3 times and remove/reinsert the sim card to get it to work. Then today it did it again and I had to reboot it to get service.

I use Tmobile, the OS is 4.6.1.231 (platform 4.2.0.108). I thought maybe Youmail was doing something weird to it, but even after dropping that it's still doing the same thing. I'm not sure if this would be hardware or software or sim related since the time it went into SOS wasn't resolved until I did pull the sim, but the other times I haven't had to do that.

*~Sheila~*
    243A0D29

Mobile Empire no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by xxchixorxx View Post
    A couple of weeks ago my 8900 suddenly stopped getting phone calls, texts, etc...I only found out when my daughter came to the house and asked why I wasn't answering my phone. So I tried dialing out and got the "no service" type of tone. Rebooted and it seemed to come back to life.

Not long after that, the same thing happened and even after rebooting I now had the red SOS in the corner, then it would try to go to GPRS, only to be replaced by SOS again and with no sign of it even trying to go into UMA mode. This time I had to reboot it 3 times and remove/reinsert the sim card to get it to work. Then today it did it again and I had to reboot it to get service.

I use Tmobile, the OS is 4.6.1.231 (platform 4.2.0.108). I thought maybe Youmail was doing something weird to it, but even after dropping that it's still doing the same thing. I'm not sure if this would be hardware or software or sim related since the time it went into SOS wasn't resolved until I did pull the sim, but the other times I haven't had to do that.
    I think most of your problems are being caused by the recent T-Mobile outages. I've been having similar issues. Im on Tmobile in southern cali.

xxchixorxx no está en línea Stack level 3
    Possibly...but my husband's phone wasn't affected by anything, his still rang as usual. He just has a regular phone, not a blackberry.

*~Sheila~*
    243A0D29

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I am on my 3rd SIM card in less than 2 years (it will be 2 years in January 2010). I had this exact same nightmare (http://forums.pinstack.com/f67/how_m...rd_cost-59053/) on a Sidekick 3 and an 8100 Pearl. My first 8120 SIM card just flat out quit working. I would lose signal in my own house but go outside and everything was fine.

Also, the recent outage affected more than just BlackBerry's. My Sidekick 3 (the same one that threw the SIM card error) had no service from 5:30 Tuesday night until 2 AM Wednesday morning.

ryfoster no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Yeah, that outage definitely was beyond just blackberry devices. My wife's samsung went out, but my 8900 continued to have service during the outage.

Would this have anything to do with Tmo's launching of 3G in different parts of the country? I had thought that that was a software update and no hardware would have to change...but I'm not knowledgeable in this area so I'll leave it alone.
    ---
    R. Foster (2 Timothy 2:15)