Greetings, i have an 8320 on Tmo. I purchased a SanDisk 6gb SDHC, tried it ... BlackBerry Curve forum

kemichail no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2403fceb

Problem with 6gb SDHC

Advertisement

Greetings,

i have an 8320 on Tmo. I purchased a SanDisk 6gb SDHC, tried it in the phone and it didn't work, so i formatted it on my laptop.

Put it back into the phone, this time the phone could "see" it but i couldn't save pics to it, was giving me a file system error.

Long story short, i tried different rotations of formatting on laptop and installing it and whatnot and i was unable to get it working properly. Desktop Manager does not function with it as well.

I am wondering if someone has a process to make the procedure work properly? And i see SDHC card capacites are increasing, can I reasonably expect the 8320 to be able to use higher than the 6gb capacity card i currently have?

In any event i went back to my little 2gb SD non HC and am a little frustrated. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

daveyboi no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Problem with 6gb SDHC

Do you have mass storage mode on? I believe your woes maybe cured with the release of 4.3 os. I have heard some people have a 4gb card working on their curves, but as far as a 6gb, not yet.
    Proud owner of a 8700g and a 8320

tomvb2000 no está en línea Stack level 3

True that. Until OS4.3 is available for the Curve, the max we can use in 4GB. Only certain versions of the Pearl 2 ship with OS4.3 right now so that's why you may see others say they are using >4GB cards.

I got a nice 6GB card for Christmas before I found out I can't use it in my Curve (yet). Sitting there filled with movies - all dressed up and nowhere to go.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)-->Tour (9630)

xkylar no está en línea Stack level 1

I just received my 6GB micro SD today and I just popped it in my 8100 and I can see 5.6GB of free space in it. I only have 1GB of data in it so far.

The BlackBerry folder and subfolders were created automatically I guess. I didn't need to format it.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

pprovart no está en línea Stack level 2

Yes, i had the same, However when you try and put more than 2gb of Data on, it all goes pearshaped.. Not sure if its fixed, as i was using 4.2.0.101

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

Quote Originally Posted by kemichail View Post
    Greetings,

i have an 8320 on Tmo. I purchased a SanDisk 6gb SDHC, tried it in the phone and it didn't work, so i formatted it on my laptop.

Put it back into the phone, this time the phone could "see" it but i couldn't save pics to it, was giving me a file system error.

Long story short, i tried different rotations of formatting on laptop and installing it and whatnot and i was unable to get it working properly. Desktop Manager does not function with it as well.

I am wondering if someone has a process to make the procedure work properly? And i see SDHC card capacites are increasing, can I reasonably expect the 8320 to be able to use higher than the 6gb capacity card i currently have?

In any event i went back to my little 2gb SD non HC and am a little frustrated. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Try formatting it on the BB, instead of your laptop

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4

For the most part the 6gb cards do not work consistently on the 8320's yet with 4.2 OS. The max card size that will work without issue is a 4gb. Of course there are the occasional users who have reported the 6gb working without problems for them, but these are few and far between.

When the 4.5 OS comes out in the next few months we will be able to use the larger sized cards without issue. Allegedly.
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

blacknight0180 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2445561A

thats the best part... "Allegedly"
    -=BlacKnight=-

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4

Heh heh
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

jstodda no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241E85A8

The upgrade of OS will help. Keep in mind the BB only has so much memory to read all that crap and do what it needs to do on the network at the same time.. This will all change... lol.. with time
    T-Mobile Sales Manager
    Blackberry Addict
    Open to answering questions
    PIN: 241E85A8