My Girlfriend can't send or recieve pictures on her Blackberry Curve 8300. Is there a ... BlackBerry Curve forum

rabrego718 no está en línea Stack level 1

Problem sending and recieving pic's on BlackBerry Curve 8300

My Girlfriend can't send or recieve pictures on her Blackberry Curve 8300. Is there a update that would help this problem or does anyone know how to fix this problem? We have called att&t and they don't know what the problem is. Any help would be nice.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Re: Problem sending and recieving pic's on BlackBerry Curve 8300

Check your options>MMS and options>sms text screens. Anything out of the ordinary? Any reject boxes checked in sms text options? Do you have a service center number in sms text options? I'm ATT and I have +13123149810. Network to send over should be gsm.

What I really wanted to saw was,
    Don't let them get away with that, get them to figure out the problem or demand a new phone if you're paying for the features.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Delete and resend mms service books?

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Blog Entries

just have her send an mms to herself, and that re registers her, and she should be fine

sindu no está en línea Stack level 1

what about using the bluetooth... my kids can't send pictures from the cell to mine via bluetooth.. any suggestion ...

cj5150 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    pm me

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyxedge
    just have her send an mms to herself, and that re registers her, and she should be fine
    Just got mine this last weekend, and tried to send myself picts. I recieved the email, but no attachment. I sent myself an mms and that took care of it.

Side note - this site is AMAZING!! Good, quality info... but now I can't get any work done because I'm on these forums all day. Thanks for the help!

sinkers no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by rabrego718
    My Girlfriend can't send or recieve pictures on her Blackberry Curve 8300. Is there a update that would help this problem or does anyone know how to fix this problem? We have called att&t and they don't know what the problem is. Any help would be nice.
    Not sure if it is the same problem, but I was unable to send / receive pictures until my BIS was upgraded from 1.8 to 2.3
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    OS upgrades are phone dependent NOT carrier dependent

diginixy no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    241a5644

Quote Originally Posted by sindu
    what about using the bluetooth... my kids can't send pictures from the cell to mine via bluetooth.. any suggestion ...
    In order to receive data via bluetooth, you have to select "Receive Using Bluetooth" from the media application. So just hit the menu button once you're there and it should be listed as an option. Bit of a pain i know

projectzero no está en línea Stack level 2

For mms messages, make sure the pictures are under 300k. Anything over and 99.9% of the time it will fail. You can't resize existing pictures, but you can lower the resolution for future pics by starting the camera, hit the menu button and goto options. In here, lower the resolution/quality and you'll get smaller pics.

bigmamatuna no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyxedge View Post
    Hey dude, I registered just to tell you thanks a bunch. I was trying to send picture messages since Sunday when I first got the phone but was getting super frustrated.

Then I sent one to myself, and a test to a friend, and it went through.

randomZer0 no está en línea Stack level 1
    ok well i called att and they said that the reason for my wifes phone being unable to recieve mms messages was b/c we have no data plan.....which is odd b/c i have an 8310 and get them just fine.....guess maybe now they will take mine away.
    we dont have a data package b/c really wasnt worth it since we never access the internet from the phones. any suggestions?

trasmussen no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have problems sending/recieving mms on my blackberry 8310. Sometimes it works ok and others not at all. Sometimes there is a 24hour delay. I've called AT&T several times and each time they assure me that everything is ok. They send me a text picture and I get it, then nothing. I am SO frustrated at this point I don' t know what to do. I've read above about sending myself an mms, but I don't know how. Just from my phone??? I would appreciate any help that anyone has. All of the settings are right on my phone and there are times when it works fine.

pearlygirly03 no está en línea Stack level 1

recieve bluetooth

Quote Originally Posted by sindu View Post

you have to go to where you want to put whatever you are bluetoothing. If it is music, go to your music, then hit the blackberry button. Select "receive using bluetooth" then you should be able to receive it. Do the same if you are sending(select"send using bluetooth").Ya, it sucks to have to do those extra steps, but that should get it to work

Cubward no está en línea Stack level 3
    fyi... anyone with Sprint service can't send picture mail via text messaging because the carrier doesn't support picture mail. I found this out at my local Sprint store.

Jodiiii no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22C9BCFE
    I know someone mentioned this already but, I have problems sending pics that are too large. Usually if I resize them smaller they send without a problem.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~