I was having some trackball problems and decided to replace the trackball in my 8900. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

xxchixorxx no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Problem removing bottom 2 screws

Advertisement

I was having some trackball problems and decided to replace the trackball in my 8900. I followed the tutorials on youtube and had no problem removing the top 4 screws from the back. When it came to the bottom 2 underneath the little bottom piece of plastic, I can't get them to budge! All the screws are supposed to take the same screwdriver (T6 I believe) and it worked fine on the other 4. Anyone have a problem removing those bottom 2 screws, and how did you finally get them out?

I've tried pressing a little harder and it just won't catch. Also had no problem putting the top 4 back in with the same screwdriver so I know that's not the problem. Any ideas to try that won't wreck the phone?

*~Sheila~*
    243A0D29

Jtetch no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    They should come out real easy, so don't strip them, if you did already strip them try a T7 and see if it fits better. If they are super tight squeeze the bottom of the phone to help release some tension
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

xxchixorxx no está en línea Stack level 3
    Tried the suggestions and still no luck getting them out. This is bumming me out...

*~Sheila~*
    243A0D29