Ok, running the new 4.5 on my curve 8300 (att). Well, when my sis texts ... BlackBerry Curve forum

trickie636 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20E1809D

Problem receiving pics through SMS

Advertisement

Ok, running the new 4.5 on my curve 8300 (att). Well, when my sis texts me a picture, it comes through as a red X in a box and reads...text attachment missing or invalid.

What does this mean and how do I fix it? I am not sure if the problem is coming from my end either. I could receive them all without a problem before I upgraded my OS.

Any ideas?

hakimmmmm no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    I didnt know we could send pictures throu sms

eazid no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by hakimmmmm View Post
    I didnt know we could send pictures throu sms
    You are correct. Any media other than text is MMS. Ask her how she is sending you the pics. It may just be a problem on her end.
    "Who Dares Wins"

BBEnriched no está en línea Stack level 3
    MMS is how you have to send messages with attachments. Do you have a data plan with your carrier? ATT requires (per their blackberry customer service) some sort of data plan to get MMS messages. SMS goes over the voice network (which is why when you send someone a SMS on new years eve at midnight, it can take hours for them to get it, but if you do a BBM (data) it goes through instantly.)
    www.bbenriched.com - Unlocks and Parts

eazid no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by BBEnriched View Post
    MMS is how you have to send messages with attachments. Do you have a data plan with your carrier? ATT requires (per their blackberry customer service) some sort of data plan to get MMS messages. SMS goes over the voice network (which is why when you send someone a SMS on new years eve at midnight, it can take hours for them to get it, but if you do a BBM (data) it goes through instantly.)
    Good explanation of fact!
    "Who Dares Wins"

PIN/ID
    20E1809D
    Im sorry, not SMS, I mean MMS! DURH!!!! Let me tell her to try sending it that way, or verify she is sending it that way! I will let you guys know.

PIN/ID
    20E1809D
    FYI, yes I have data plans and everything you can get for the Blackberry and such like I said everything has been fine until I upgraded my OS. WEIRD!

PIN/ID
    20E1809D
    NEVERMIND! My ding-dong sister is sending them SMS, not MMS! I was able to get it now! Thanks for the help!