Now that I've declared everything in the title, I pretty much removed most unused applications, ... BlackBerry Curve forum

koh
    koh no está en línea Stack level 2

problem: did memory cleanup by deleting .cod's (camera not working)

Advertisement

Now that I've declared everything in the title, I pretty much removed most unused applications, anyways two beers later.. My camera isn't working which cod do I need to re add to get it to work?

Thanks and sorry about the lack of clarity

white2003 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Unfortunately my phone doesn't have a camera so I don't know exactly which .cod file to use. I also checked online and couldn't find anything. Did you try installing the blackberry os to your computer, load up blackberry desktop manager, go to application loader and try to reinstall your camera?

bsjmcconnell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4029C610
    i did this once to my 8830 when i "accidentally" removed the "options/help .cod. The only way to "install" that .cod back onto the phone was to re-install the OS.

Maybe another stacker can chime in a confirm or deny this before KOH moves ahead.....
    “There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you.”
    ----Woody Hayes

koh
    koh no está en línea Stack level 2
    Update: Yeah I believe it was the help file, although, the next day (no alchohol ;-) )) It worked then said it couldn't save to the the media card, although my memory card had 5.7gb free, and then of course it worked after that.

So, we will see what happens.

I'll keep ya updated.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    koh, now that i've seen you are running 4.5, i have to say i have had the same issues with camera and media card on those 4.5 OS's
    not to freak you out and i haven't seen too many people say the same, but i too am on an 8310
    everytime i have upgraded (countless times, lemme say) the media card has to be reformatted. and then ... when i decided to downgrade, same thing. reformat. and then, sometimes it just chooses NOT to save or even recognize the media card.