Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I can't seem to be able to edit elements of my selected profile. When I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

keizerjrr no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Problem Editing in Profiles

Advertisement

I can't seem to be able to edit elements of my selected profile. When I am in the selected profile, I can't edit Level 1 messages, I can't edit any of my emails, nor messenger - alert. I can messenger - new message. I can eddit MMS and phone. Can't edit sms - text or tasks. I can't seem to figure out what the problem is. I have tried other Themes, even the At&t default theme. Anybody have any ideas?

Diffused no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm not sure of all your specifics but make sure you 'save' any changes you make in your profiles.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I am not sure of an answer on this one. Have you reset the device and tried again? Resending service books wouldn't do anything for this issue I am sure and short of reloading the OS I wouldn't know what else might fix it. Maybe someone else will.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Did you try a reset/battery pull? Also have you deleted any of the preloaded ringtones?
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

response:

Done the battery pull, and all of the above.
    Yes I know about the save piece. Understand I can't get into the edit mode in any of those items I identified. Won't let me change anything to save. I suppose reloading the OS maybe the only solution Cowboy....
    Was hoping that wasn't going to be the solution. Don't really want to go thru that.

Now all I need is a thread to "re-installing" my OS...
    Anybody out there have that on the top of their heads?

oconnke1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    This is a long-shot, but it almost sounds like a "permission" problem. Everything you mentioned, except tasks, is in email/messaging. Try looking in Options>Security Options>Application Permissions. Highlight BlackBerry Core Apps and select Edit Permissions. Expand User Data. Every entry in this list is set to Allow on my device. Like I said, it's a long-shot. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Question Thanks for the thought....

Alllready checked that....
    BTW... mine is set the same way. Guess unless someone else has and idea on what has happened, I'll have to find that "re-install" OS thread. Think I will wait till tomorrow to do that. Thanks for the thoughts fellow stackers.

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Did you use maxmem to delete the default or experimental ringtones? Same thing has happened to me, but I can only edit phone and change the alarm tone. When I ran maxmem it deleted my whole ringtone folder, even the ones I had put in there. I have been meaning to write a post about this for some help, but is there anyway to restore the default ringtones only without going through a whole OS install????????

I cant even add tones to contacts in the address book either.
    Last edited by rashard; 01-23-2009 at 03:02 AM.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

nice call rashard, I have maxmen installed.... I did run but didn't think I deleted anything related to ringtones. I still have all my added ringtones... still have the BBtones. Don't see anything there, but maybe the deletions I did had some effect on these elements.... wondering if anybody else has experienced this. Wonder if the boys @ maxmen have any ideas.

PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Darn then we might not have the same problem, I have used maxmem on 2 phones but never ran all of the options before. When I upgraded to 4.5 on my phone I did delete the ringtones and thats when it happened.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I have not used maxmem but have in the past deleted the preloaded ringotnes by removing the .cod from the OS myself. I had multiple problems with profiles after that which is why I asked in my earlier post if any had been removed.

How do you use maxmem? Does it remove the .cod files to your recycle bin on your pc? See if you can put em back on the folder with the rest of the OS cod files

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Maxmem loads on your berry and you run it on there, so I dont think the trash bin would be an option is there anyway to find the cod for the tones, and get them on the berry anywhere?

PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Any Other ideas much appreciated

PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    So later on in the day maybe a different crowd online, anyone have any ideas?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast