So I upgraded to BBM 5.0 with OS 4.5.0.81 on my curve 8310. Now, i'm ... BlackBerry Curve forum

campos_jeremy no está en línea Stack level 1

Problem during Backup, it stalls at BBgroups

Advertisement

So I upgraded to BBM 5.0 with OS 4.5.0.81 on my curve 8310. Now, i'm trying to backup my phone using desktop manager.

Everything seems to be working fine until the backup hits the BBgroups back up phase. Everything stalls, I have yet to complete a successful backup with the new BBM 5.0 installed. Post some of your input!

please & thanks

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    You have the option to back up your BBM contacts to your device, media card, or remotely via email. These options are in BBM. Do a backup, then use the advanced option in the DM backup/restore to clear the BBM info then do a full backup, then restore your contacts...you will lose active convos though
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    You have the option to back up your BBM contacts to your device, media card, or remotely via email. These options are in BBM. Do a backup, then use the advanced option in the DM backup/restore to clear the BBM info then do a full backup, then restore your contacts...you will lose active convos though
    So when i go to advanced options, do i just click "clear"?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Yes, that is what azstar is advising you.

Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Yes, that is what azstar is advising you.
    OK, i made a back up in the advanced options tab just in case when i clear it, it doesn't work. OK, so i pressed clear, then made a normal back up afterwards. When i tried to use the restore contacts feature on my bbm, the file that i saved wouldn't show in the folder(even though i know it's there). I tried doing the remote backup by email and that took long.

edit: nvm, i was looking for the backup in "device memory" and not on my sd card. everything worked fine. thanks

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Oh good, glad everything is working for you now