I am new to the site and you guys rock! I've learned a ton. Question: ... BlackBerry Curve forum

cmartin281 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    242414AD

Question preloaded micro sd's????

Advertisement

I am new to the site and you guys rock! I've learned a ton. Question: becase of my admin rights on my laptop I can't synch my curve so I guess I can't do dvds the normal way. Anyone know of preloaded micro sd cards with movies or music? Thanx

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Re: preloaded micro sd's????

I haven't seen any pre-loaded cards, but you can get a MicroSD card reader and put your card in there. Format your card in the BB, then use the reader. That way you can use your computer to load the items onto the card then put it in your BB.

PIN/ID
    242414AD
    I think I got ya. So the card reader would more or less be like saving it to a flash drive? Do I format like the other threads have said or is there anything different? I think I know the answer, but is it illegal to pay someone on pinstack to load whatever on a card and send it to me? I don't want to break the law - just asking...(like burning a copy of a cd for a friend)...Thanks mucho!

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

You mentioned that you can't sync your curve. Have you tried connecting it in mass storage mode? That doesn't require syncing since the computer sees it as a flash drive not a phone.

Zo

PIN/ID
    242414AD
    Mass storage mode? I am new to all of this...Poss to dumb it down a little? I am willing to learn. Thanks!!!

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

When you hook your BB up, it should ask if you want to enable mass storage mode (flash drive mode). If you click no, then the comp sees a phone and will only access it through DM. If you click yes, then it will see the memory card in the back of the phone and treat it as a removable drive that can be written and read from. If you don't see the option then you need to go into your options/settings, advanced settings, media card. From there you will see "Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected", set that to prompt or yes to access the memory card without having to use DM.

Zo

colinbolam no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi there.
    A point worth mentioning about mass storage mode is that, your media card will accept all file formats regardless if your media player will play them or not. Your inbuilt media player won't play .wma files. I hope this doesn't confuse matters further

PIN/ID
    242414AD
    Thanks guys! I am going to give it all a try. Has anyone heard of having someone load movie files for you to buy or is that crossing the line? Just wondering for those of us who either don't have the equipment or the time. Thanks!