Ok, I think I have figured out why I am still not as fast on ... BlackBerry Curve forum

pealo0819 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242A648C

Predictive text?

Advertisement

Ok, I think I have figured out why I am still not as fast on my curve then on pearl. Predictive text. Anybody know if there is an option to do this on my Curve. I am still super slow, but I don't really want to switch back to my pearl.

vonpuch no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Predictive text?

I don't think the curve has predictive text because it has the full keyboard whereas the pearls keys shared letters which means the predictive text would obviously make it easier to type. I wasn't used to typing when i first got the curve, but you pick up fast

pealo0819 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242A648C

Quote Originally Posted by vonpuch View Post
    I don't think the curve has predictive text because it has the full keyboard whereas the pearls keys shared letters which means the predictive text would obviously make it easier to type. I wasn't used to typing when i first got the curve, but you pick up fast
    So did you switch from the pearl to the curve? I am having a real problem getting used to the keyboard. I just seem much faster on the pearl. I am so torn. Ugg, I hate this.

praesidium no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E2A6FF

i didnt switch, but my friend has the curve, and i have the pearl. i personally find the pearl alot easier to use. esp with the predictive text. i tink vonpuch is right.

vonpuch no está en línea Stack level 1

I've had my curve for a month now, and i hated the keyboard at first, now i don't know what i would do with a pearl or regular phone, the only thing i miss is that it can be kind of hard to type with one hand. There is also autotext which you can program yourself so certain keystrokes insert whatever you program them to be, this might make things go a little faster.

simeezee no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215C1928

I actually switched from the pearl to curve about a week ago. I picked up the full QWERTY keyboard very quickly although I still miss a few keys sometimes, but I'm getting much better.

bryanus no está en línea Stack level 2

I agree with the OP. I also came from a Pearl to the Curve and I find that even after having the curve for 3 months or so now, I still make a ton of typos and my typing speeds are maybe half of what they were on the Pearl. SureType is amazing. I wish the Curve could have that as well, like the iPhone and how it shows you word options as you type as well as learns your commonly typed words. Hey, that sounds just like SureType! I mean, if Apple can do it with a full-qwerty keyboard, why not have it as an option with the Curve?

The problem is also that the Curve keys are really small and prone to hitting the wrong keys a lot, IMO.

jsweetser2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241EC7CA

If you spend some time modifying the Autotext feature for words or phrases you say a lot, QWERTY + Autotext > Predictive text.

I say many of the same things to people like, "I'm driving, hang tight." all i type is I1 and hit send.

smb = Sent with Blackberry Mobile (for those emails to colleagues so they know i'm not in the office)
    "I'll be home shortly" = I2

and so on and so forth. It takes some time to figure out your patterns of conversation but you could create whole formal letters with one push of a button :P

JordanDawg05 no está en línea Stack level 1

nice cuts jsweetser1