I'm new to the whole prepaid sim card scene ...all my previous phones never had ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jcrewguy no está en línea Stack level 1

Pre-paid Sim Cards Newbie

Advertisement

I'm new to the whole prepaid sim card scene ...all my previous phones never had that function but I am buying a new Curve 8300 within the next week or so. My dilemna is, I normally use about 500 peak minutes on average and 1000 night/weekends. My ?'s are

1. Should I just choose the $39.99 (450 minutes peak / 5000 night/weekend) and just pop in a sim card for any additional minutes I use over the 450? It seems rather crazy to go for the 900 peak minutes plan for an addition $20 per month.

2. Should I just go for the 900 peak minutes plan, pay the extra $20 per month & forget the whole sim card plan.

3. If I should go with the sim card, would you recommend I unlock the Curve so I can use any providers sim card.

4. What confusion (if any) would the sim card cause if I had it in and logged onto the internet? (I will have the $39.99 personal max data plan w/AT&T)

5. Where would you recommend I buy the prepaid sim card from ... Ebay, myworldphone.com, other?

Any suggestions would be great, thanks!

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Pre-paid Sim Cards Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by jcrewguy
    I'm new to the whole prepaid sim card scene ...all my previous phones never had that function but I am buying a new Curve 8300 within the next week or so. My dilemna is, I normally use about 500 peak minutes on average and 1000 night/weekends. My ?'s are

1. Should I just choose the $39.99 (450 minutes peak / 5000 night/weekend) and just pop in a sim card for any additional minutes I use over the 450? It seems rather crazy to go for the 900 peak minutes plan for an addition $20 per month.

2. Should I just go for the 900 peak minutes plan, pay the extra $20 per month & forget the whole sim card plan.

3. If I should go with the sim card, would you recommend I unlock the Curve so I can use any providers sim card.

4. What confusion (if any) would the sim card cause if I had it in and logged onto the internet? (I will have the $39.99 personal max data plan w/AT&T)

5. Where would you recommend I buy the prepaid sim card from ... Ebay, myworldphone.com, other?

Any suggestions would be great, thanks!
    Well........ I don't know what i would do but i do know that a prepaid sim will not give you internet/email access.

iridemybike no está en línea Stack Professional

Ok, first of all - with ATT(and all carriers) prepaid = no data and emails. Second, you'll prob. never remember to change sim cards when you hit 450 minutes. Third, the BB plans are $29.99mo. Fourth and final, if it's not an ATT prepaid sim card then it prob. won't work the phone right anyways.

Tucker

jcrewguy no está en línea Stack level 1

Yes, $29.99 for just data, $39.99 for data & 1500 text/picture messages.