Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

.174 seems best to date. Still have issues when I'm on a call and the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

.174 seems best to date. Still have issues when I'm on a call and the phone switches from UMA to EDGE -- and drops the call. Not an issue in most places, but in my office the UMA connection seems flakey, switching back and forth from UMA to EDGE several times a day (only place this happens to me) -- so unfortunately, if I'm on a call in the office on my 8900, there's a good chance I'll be disconnected mid-call. Doesn't happen often, but it's an annoyance. Overall though - .174 is excellent.

Papag no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b0c8db

I like...

.174....It is stable and fast. youtube works fine while doing other things like IM and txt. And I make my own MP3 ringtones with wave pad. With lower number OS, I would have ringtones show up that were deleted and could not get rid of them even with a batt pull. This issue is now gone with .174.

cheristar no está en línea Stack level 1

what is O S

what is OS ?????

im new to blackberry, and not having a good introduction,my first handset was faulty, it didnt function as it should have but I was able to text and email, it was replaced today and now the guy at orange has deleted my email address.

They gave me a blackberry.orange.co.uk addy, I gave it out to everyone.

and some idiot has deleted the account.

ARGHHHHHHHHH!

DrRicoNarang no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24AA6ACC
    Guys.
    Where do I download the .174 from?
    thanks.
    Rico

s4berry no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by cheristar View Post
    what is OS ?????

im new to blackberry, and not having a good introduction,my first handset was faulty, it didnt function as it should have but I was able to text and email, it was replaced today and now the guy at orange has deleted my email address.

They gave me a blackberry.orange.co.uk addy, I gave it out to everyone.

and some idiot has deleted the account.

ARGHHHHHHHHH!
    OS=operating system on your phone - which gets updated every so often to fix certain issues. It's not mandatory to update your OS. Only if a certain OS version fixes a specific problem you're having.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Quote Originally Posted by DrRicoNarang View Post
    Guys.
    Where do I download the .174 from?
    thanks.
    Rico
    Go to page 11 of the stickied BETA OS post. Click the link that goes to the blackberryrocks.com site. Click the "rapidshare 1" link to download .174. The megaupload links don't seem to work anymore.

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3
    I still use the original .114 Tmob OS. No issues. Battery lasts 3 days, youtube no problems, camera lag is about 1-2 secs after focusing, googlemaps is great, Viigo too. I honestly don't see a reason to change. Maybe I just got lucky!
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigNewt View Post
    I still use the original .114 Tmob OS. No issues. Battery lasts 3 days, youtube no problems, camera lag is about 1-2 secs after focusing, googlemaps is great, Viigo too. I honestly don't see a reason to change. Maybe I just got lucky!
    Wow, can you list your average daily usage? 3 days would be impossible for me. I just updated to .174. Word wrap issue hasn't been fixed for me ($*#?!). But I'm hoping it'll help with battery life. Battery is usually close to critical by about 7-8pm. And I only do email, internet, facebook app, and BBM during my daily usage. My backlight timeout setting is set to 2min, and my holster doesn't have a magnet to invoke sleep mode. I'll probably reduce backlight to 1min later.

Quote Originally Posted by s4berry View Post
    Wow, can you list your average daily usage? 3 days would be impossible for me. I just updated to .174. Word wrap issue hasn't been fixed for me ($*#?!). But I'm hoping it'll help with battery life. Battery is usually close to critical by about 7-8pm. And I only do email, internet, facebook app, and BBM during my daily usage. My backlight timeout setting is set to 2min, and my holster doesn't have a magnet to invoke sleep mode. I'll probably reduce backlight to 1min later.
    Oh, for internet browsing, I do use the BB browser, as well as the Opera Mini and Bolt browsers when I need to. Possibly all at the same time to avoid the $!#* word wrap issue...like I'm doing right now .

sparkyj62 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24acd57e
    Ive been using .174 for a few days now and it has been great for me it seems a bit snappier then .114 camera seems a little quicker (still takes a lot longer then i would like it to) and battery life wasnt that bad for me with .114 but it does seem to last a little bit longer

Having gone one day with .174, did I experience better battery life? That would be a definite NO. It's 6:30pm now and my battery will be dead anytime now...got to...get to...a charger...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12