Greetings, First time poster. My 8300 is 9 mos old, and has the usual dust ... BlackBerry Curve forum

pjw73nh no está en línea Stack level 1

Possibly found the cause of DOS (dust On Screen)

Advertisement

Greetings, First time poster. My 8300 is 9 mos old, and has the usual dust on the right side of the screen. I cleaned it by taking it apart per the YouTube video. I have one question and one observation.

1. (observation). I noticed a lot of dust near, under, around, The plastic light deflector at the top right of the 8300. This is the light that is used to indicate msg wating and bluetooth. Could this be the source of the DOS on the right side of the screen? I just put a piece of clear tape over it to see if it will help. I should know in a few weeks...

1. Question. When I took my 8300 apart, it was difficult to split the case (front bezel from the rear body). It didn't just "pop off" like the video showed. There was a black foam gasket between the front bezel and the LCD screen. When I got it separated by gently prying it apart, I notice that part of the gasket was on the bezel and some remained on the screen. I would think that if this "gasket" was intact that there would be no path for the dust to migrate from the outside world to between the LCD and bezel. What is the best way to replace this gasket? Just buy a new front bezel? Or can I make. buy the gasket?

Any thoughts?

Thanks...

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    The 8300 series were bad to not be sealed well in the the said corner and were therefore bad to get DOS. The best advice I could offer was to carry in OEM cases as the dust tends to not be so bad if not pocket-carried. As for the gasket I would try cnn. Don't have the website but many ppl on here use it, or you could google it.

Hope this helps . . .
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

donjunito no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

donjunito no está en línea Stack level 1
    I hate the DOS, I took it apart also but it just keep coming back like those rocky movies~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~