Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey guys so my girlfriend had been having issues with her curve 8320, she wanted ... BlackBerry Curve forum

javio24 no está en línea Stack level 1

possibly briked the curve 8320???

Advertisement

Hey guys so my girlfriend had been having issues with her curve 8320, she wanted to upgrade to the new OS to get the new features...so we did just that...well once all was done it kept restarting the phone...(at this time i didnt know about deleting the vendor.xml) so we left it and downgraded back and it was working fine... so a couple nights ago she wants to upgrade it again so we did it worked fine the whole 2 days and then it just kept shutting down over and over again (i still didnt know about the vendor.xml) so i DL DM 4.7 (just read that it was glitchy) and downloaded the 4.5 OS again and this time i remove the vendor.xml, i used the CJ_Cmder to wipe the BB, and all is good, im in the process of installing the OS and then all i see is the hour glass...thats it....nothing else happened with the install and just an hour glass...i leave it and went to bed (8 hours later) and its its just off now with a blinking red light dosnt turn on at all... Can you guys help me out on this?? Sorry that it was so long...just trying to get as much detail as possible for better help...

Javi

/rant

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    It sounds like you may have gotten an error code during the reboot so you may have to use the java commander and wipe the phone and retry it again. For reference purposes you might want to use these two following links to assist you in the future:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...support-76342/

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...onnected-5178/

This second link you'll will need in the event your computer does not recognize the device. Best of luck to you.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thanks I will try these links out :-)

Well I remember seeing that the DM did not recognize it, right now its just not doing anythin, ill plug it in to the cpu and nothing. I can't turn it on. It stays off and it has the red blinking light...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Smurf2598 no está en línea Themes Expert
    PIN/ID
    320FE245
    get the phone to reset while u have it plugged into the dm.. even while its not recognizing the bb make the phone reset and while it is in the resetting procedd run app loader it will internally install your phone back to original status.. i beicked my fone 3 times in less than 2 hours.. lol so thats how i got it back up.. hope this helps.. it will also take about 45 min to get it done dependiung on your pc speeds... once again hope this helps..
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS]~~ J. SMURF <~~[/FONT]

BBThemesUnltd
    --- My Site
    Follow me on Twitter
    @JSmurfy
    @BBThemesUnltd

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    If the links BES gave don't do it I would suggest uninstalling DM again then going to c/program files/common files and deleting the research in motion folder and unstall OS. Reboot your PC and reinsall DM 4.5 or .6 and the OS. Delete the vendor.xml and reboot. Then connect the device and restart DM. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by Smurf2598 View Post
    get the phone to reset while u have it plugged into the dm.. even while its not recognizing the bb make the phone reset and while it is in the resetting procedd run app loader it will internally install your phone back to original status.. i beicked my fone 3 times in less than 2 hours.. lol so thats how i got it back up.. hope this helps.. it will also take about 45 min to get it done dependiung on your pc speeds... once again hope this helps..

im a little confused on that description.. im sorry... by reading i think that is whats gonna fix the issue...

PIN/ID
    320FE245
    ok step1... - the phone needs to be turned off and on while it is on the usb.. meaning take the battery out and back in while it is plugged into the usb ..
    step2... while it is resetting and as it is turning on go to application loader on the dm and run the app loader like normal.. it will then begin to process a complete wipe and should reset the phone to original status of whatever os it has on the desktop manager..

while this is going on the phone will look like it is doing nothing but when u see the hour glass near the 30 min mark it is almost at the end of reconfiguring the phone..

let it complete till the phone either turns on again or if it does not then the phone it bricked and friend...

hope this is better

BBThemesUnltd
    --- My Site
    Follow me on Twitter
    @JSmurfy
    @BBThemesUnltd

well i re-downloaded the BM v4.6 and reinstalled the software on the PC and removed the vendor.xml...plugged in the cell and ran DM and it seems to be installing the OS...well just have to wait and see

thanks a lot smurf... that was just what i did it seems that its taking the new OS...is the vendor.xml what causes it to constantly keep rebooting and what not??

PIN/ID
    320FE245
    no the vendor xml is just so the phone knows what it is being run under(carrier wise) but after bricking my fone 2 times in 35 min then a 3rd time following i remembered what i did the 1st 2 times and it seemed to work.. but all should be well if it is taking its time i hope all is well at the end of this whole ordeal

BBThemesUnltd
    --- My Site
    Follow me on Twitter
    @JSmurfy
    @BBThemesUnltd

so it looks like the issue of the BB 8320 still rebooting itself with the 4.5 OS installed is still there..i dont know what the hell it is... its really pissing me off...

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    It could be an app or theme that doesn't work well on 4.5 causing the issue. You might wanna try removing extra themes first, and then other 3rd party apps and then if it seems to be working add stuff back slowly till you figure out what the conflict is.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

well i just have the basic stuff... you think thats it??? idk what else it can be.... ive noticed that both times that i go into trying to set the pics for my contacts thats when its turned off on me...

so far now that i took out the sd card it hasnt messed up on me... lets see how long that last... ill keep you guys updated...i may need to reformat the sd card and start over... i really dont want to but if i have to i will..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast