My pics are coming out fuzzy (looks like motion blur), and have a yellow tint. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

DevourU no está en línea Stack level 2

Poor picture quality - 8310

Advertisement

My pics are coming out fuzzy (looks like motion blur), and have a yellow tint. 72 x72 resolution for superfine quality? Possible tweaks, hints? Camera mode I have a 200+ in the lower left, what's it for? TIA!

-JS

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    take the battery cover off and make sure the camera lens is clean and clear of any dust/lint

take a soft Q-tip and clean it and then maybe some compressed air.
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

RedNightHawk no está en línea Stack level 3
    If you're taking pictures without sufficient lighting you'll have both blur and the yellow tint (it's trying to adjust white balance settings so you can see something). The 200+ likely means you're set to save to SD card, and hence have space for over 200 pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by ice44 View Post
    take the battery cover off and make sure the camera lens is clean and clear of any dust/lint

take a soft Q-tip and clean it and then maybe some compressed air.
    Thankx for the reply. Did that too, and it helped some, probably a lighting issue, but the main problem is it looks like motion blur. As if the camera moves when you "click". I could be asking too much from the camera, but I've never had this problem on several digital cameras I've owned.

-JS

Quote Originally Posted by RedNightHawk View Post
    If you're taking pictures without sufficient lighting you'll have both blur and the yellow tint (it's trying to adjust white balance settings so you can see something). The 200+ likely means you're set to save to SD card, and hence have space for over 200 pictures.
    Ahh, pictures remaining, thankx. I am going to try and upload a sample. Yelloe and fuzzy.

-JS
    Attached Images Attached Images

RedNightHawk no está en línea Stack level 3
    Do outside pictures look yellow too?

You can try forcing the flash on, or playing with the white balance settings (both are under options in the camera menu).

I usually brace the phone with one hand against my body and then click with the other - it is prone to camera shake in low lighting, but you may find using the convenience key to click gives less shake (mine takes less pressure to engage than the trackball).

In addition there's a sort of a trick - the white balance will adjust in stages and sometimes messes up, you can initially focus on a different area that exposes the light differently, then switch to what you want a shot of and click the picture before white balance gets to where it thinks it should be and goes too far (dunno if that makes sense, but if you just focus on a darker area and then move to a lighter area you'll see the adjustments on the screen, and again for a lighter area to a darker area - the key is to take the picture sometime during those adjustments if you're in a tricky lighting situation).

Quote Originally Posted by RedNightHawk View Post
    Do outside pictures look yellow too?

You can try forcing the flash on, or playing with the white balance settings (both are under options in the camera menu).

I usually brace the phone with one hand against my body and then click with the other - it is prone to camera shake in low lighting, but you may find using the convenience key to click gives less shake (mine takes less pressure to engage than the trackball).

In addition there's a sort of a trick - the white balance will adjust in stages and sometimes messes up, you can initially focus on a different area that exposes the light differently, then switch to what you want a shot of and click the picture before white balance gets to where it thinks it should be and goes too far (dunno if that makes sense, but if you just focus on a darker area and then move to a lighter area you'll see the adjustments on the screen, and again for a lighter area to a darker area - the key is to take the picture sometime during those adjustments if you're in a tricky lighting situation).
    Thankx for the tips, I'll work it tonight.

-JS

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    RedNightHawk is correct, you must be very still (sometimes hard to do) but the quality is there

eahicks1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have noticed since upgrading to 4.5.0.110 that my pictures are all really bad now. Used to be decent, now they are grainy and yellowish like he said. Anyone else notice photo quality degrading after upgrade of OS?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by eahicks1 View Post
    I have noticed since upgrading to 4.5.0.110 that my pictures are all really bad now. Used to be decent, now they are grainy and yellowish like he said. Anyone else notice photo quality degrading after upgrade of OS?
    I don't use the camera that often, but the pictures seemed fine on .110. I'm on .124 now, though with my 8310. You can find links to this OS in the Technical Support link in my signature.

wundrbeeki no está en línea Stack level 1
    I've never really cared much for the camera quality, but I have noticed that since I upgraded from 4.2 to 4.5.110 the pic quality is really bad. Cleaning the lens didn't help either. I just chalk it up to being a phone cam.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Have you tried another vendor's 4.5? Strange you have camera issues with a version as high as .110, but if that's what ATT released I wouldn't be surprised.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~