I understand that the program wont play iTunes songs----so am i right to assume it ... BlackBerry Curve forum

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Pocketmac Tunes?

Advertisement

I understand that the program wont play iTunes songs----so am i right to assume it will only play CD's that I have copied into the iTunes program?What programs do I need to convert iTunes songs to MP3's so I can play them on the Curve?
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

the hippie no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Re: Pocketmac Tunes?

it will play cd that you copy to itunes it did for me until i found limewire and frostwire i got all my favs now

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

you need to google "itune format" (sorry i don't know what that is) to MP3

like if you wanted to convert wav to mp3...make sense?

change the 'wav' to whatever an itune file is...

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Ok....read that link (thank you!) and I have hubby downloading this program http://www.allmusicconverter.com/so I will give my review of that program once I get home and goof with it for a bit.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

alevy1122 no está en línea Stack level 2

iTunes songs are recorded as AAC files. I don't have it here on my work computer, but I'm pretty sure the Roxio media program that comes with the curve can convert AAC to MP3, and vice-versa.

I'm also pretty sure the Curve can play AAC files, but I think the problem you're running into is that songs purchased from iTunes are "protected" by digital rights management (DRM) and can only be played through iTunes or on an iPod. Simply converting them to MP3s won't accomplish anything. (I'm not even sure you can do that.)

The workaround for this is to burn the songs onto CDs. This strips off the copy protection, and you can then rip them back into your computer as MP3s (or AACs), and from there move 'em onto your Curve. It's a pain in the ***, but it's the only way you'll be able to play iTunes-purchased songs on your bb.

iTunes now offers some songs without DRM. They cost a bit more, but at least then you have the ability to play 'em on non-iPod players without having to go through this hassle.
    Last edited by alevy1122; 07-11-2007 at 07:43 PM.