Sorry but im a little bit of a newb haha But could anyone tell me ... BlackBerry Curve forum

skeogh88 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

PocketMac

Advertisement

Sorry but im a little bit of a newb haha
    But could anyone tell me how to put an application or anything of that matter onto the blackberry using pocketmac and the usb cable.

devilsadidas no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: PocketMac

you can't, pocketmac only sync's

joker25944 no está en línea Stack level 2

I have been able to put applications on my blackberry using pocketmac. You need to download the files to your computer first. Once downloaded open pocketmac and click on the utilities menu and you will see an option to "install software to this device". It will then ask you to locate the files you have downloaded. Once you locate them it will start installing them for you. I would suggest doing it OTA install, because those are easier.

devilsadidas no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

Quote Originally Posted by joker25944 View Post
    I have been able to put applications on my blackberry using pocketmac. You need to download the files to your computer first. Once downloaded open pocketmac and click on the utilities menu and you will see an option to "install software to this device". It will then ask you to locate the files you have downloaded. Once you locate them it will start installing them for you. I would suggest doing it OTA install, because those are easier.
    thanks i did not know that i thought pocketmac still only synced

RachelJane034 no está en línea Stack level 1

I can't get PocketMac to even sync to my new BlackBerry Pearl. Can anyone help me out? Whenever I plug it in with the USB cable, the computer doesn't even recognize the device, so PocketMac can't do anything.

saeder no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by RachelJane034 View Post
    I can't get PocketMac to even sync to my new BlackBerry Pearl. Can anyone help me out? Whenever I plug it in with the USB cable, the computer doesn't even recognize the device, so PocketMac can't do anything.

If you're having problems with PocketMac I'd give Missing Sync a try you can find the BB version here, http://www.markspace.com/missingsync_blackberry.php I initially had problems with PocketMac as well though many use it to great success. Also I'd recommend the Mac forum here for future help since it's dedicated to dealing with BBs on a Mac, http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...lackberry.html

funkym no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by devilsadidas View Post
    you can't, pocketmac only sync's
    That's just wrong. Of course, PocketMac supports installing applications!

To install a 3rd party application using your Mac OS X desktop you need to have a BlackBerry desktop application installed. The “official” application is called PocketMac for BlackBerry. You can download that one directly at RIM: http://www.discoverblackberry.com/di..._solutions.jsp.

Once you have installed it you will see an icon on your desktop. Before clicking this icon please connect your BlackBerry to your Mac. After starting the PocketMac application you will see the main coming up:

If you are installing BlackBerry applications using your desktop computer you mostly get a .zip file (e.g. “nextaction.zip“) from the software vendor. On Mac OS X you just double click onto that .zip file and its contents will be extracted to a subdirectory (e.g. “nextaction unpacked”) of your current directory.

Now you choose “Utilities » Install Software to Device” and select the appropriate .alx (e.g. “nextaction.alx”) file that has been extracted.

theblotted no está en línea Stack level 1
    please help.

i can get my Pearl 8100 to appear in PocketMac, and i got as far as the "Utilities > Install Software to Device", and then the prompt that asks whether to install or not. i click "Yes", and then i get kernel panic (gray screen w/ 4 diff languages)...

i know it's PocketMac cuz i tried to install a few diff .alx theme files, w/ same results every time.

i'm on Powerbook 1GHz Titanium, OSX 10.4.11, PocketMac is the latest one from BB website (just downloaded couple days ago).

i can post panic log from console if necessary... please help!