Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by krosli Try and send yourself a message. It tricks the berry into ... BlackBerry Curve forum

wrxboi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    R.I.P

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by krosli View Post
    Try and send yourself a message. It tricks the berry into thinking it has a message. Once you read it, it should stop. Works for me all the time.
    I've done that and it works!!!!
    WRXBOI
    wrxboi69@googlewave.com

thasweetone27 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    askme; )
    Try and send yourself a message. It tricks the berry into thinking it has a message. Once you read it, it should stop. Works for me all the time.
    wow thanks!
    bebe

hairycell no está en línea Stack level 1
    I had the same problem and it turned out to be the gmail application letting me know I had a new message. You can set the notification settings within the application. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

krosli no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    747101D2
    Quote Originally Posted by thasweetone27 View Post
    wow thanks!

You are so welcome.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I have sent myself hundreds of text and email messages and sometimes even that doesn't work. I have to wait for another email or text to come in before it goes off. Sometimes NOTHING (SoftReset or a physical reset aka removing and reinserting the battery) works to get it to stop

Blkbear no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24838a6c
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Skip the battery pull? You should do that every once-in-awhile anyway. Should solve your problem.
    Only time I pull the battery, is when I need to get under the battery to swap out the media card or re-seat the SIM card for some reason. (and have not had to do that in ages). I don't seem to have the "problems" that most Curve owner have reported, no reboots, no massive memory leaks, no deleted logs or messages. And yes I do trials of apps and games, load them up and delete them if they are not things I plan to use or buy.

Things are stable running 4.5.0.102 (knocking non wood in case I've just jinked myself)
    Da Bear

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Bear, I rarely do the battery pull, but do soft resets fairly regularly. Glad to hear you've got a solid device running there!

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    same here...i always try to run the memory cleaner at least twice a day as well as do a soft reset (alt+shift+del) every 2-3 days just to clear the device and give it a fresh start...then I also do a hard reset (battery pull for at least 30 seconds) once every month just to keep everything kosher...remember that your BB is like a tiny PC/Laptop...the longer it stays "ON" the more problems you will encounter as well as slowing down the device itself...resets always fix these issues...glad you got your device to stop blinking as we've all had that annoying problem...just remember like the stackers before said "when in doubt...battery pull "

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    sometimes when you get an email and you retrieve the images, it'll get stuck if you don't let it finish downloading and just delete it or exit it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12