Okay I have a question, I have the 8330 w/ Tmobile and I was able ... BlackBerry Curve forum

supamansimon no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304feb1f

Question Please tell me its not true!

Advertisement

Okay I have a question, I have the 8330 w/ Tmobile and I was able to set it up so I could use it as a modem for my PC, my mom liked the whole Idea and i dogged her razor so much she got the curve w/ US Cellular....... ( She's a new addict btw lol) well when she got the phone she asked if it could be used for tethering and they told her yes. Now that I've gotten a hold of the phone and im trying to set it up im not having any luck finding the instructions I know they're not the same as T-Mobile for ex i know the APN is different for starters. We called USC and they said its not possible with them but i did find a couple posts where people said that they were using they're phone for tethering.......... So my question is.... Is it possible, yes or no and if it is, where can i find the intructions... thanks a lot...
    Shane "Swagg" Simon
    CEO/President
    Aiyam Entertainment
    "It's Got to be Bigger than Big"
    Shaneasimon@gmail.com
    Pin: 304FEB1F
    Myspace.com/xxmrmarvelousxx

nvisi0n no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30B4DB5C
    How are you using a CDMA BlackBerry on a GSM service?

PIN/ID
    304feb1f
    were using the curve through USC, I know USC uses GSM, they offer this phone so im not sure how they do it, we got the phone through USC we didn't unlock anything from one service to the other.
    Shane "Swagg" Simon
    CEO/President
    Aiyam Entertainment
    Shaneasimon@gmail.com

gixxerjoe no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    US Cellular is a cdma carrier not gsm. Trust me on that one I work for them. Any ways USCC cust service will not tell you how to teather becouse USCC does not want you to teather. It is against policy. But they don't block it either on blackberry or windows mobile plans. They do block it on their easyedge plans though. Anyways check out this thread. On page 2 jjdm858 posted the how to teather on USCC.
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...41/index2.html

Cheers!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    304feb1f
    Ok cool, thanks a lot! Yeah I got the GSM and CDMA mixed up! im gonna check out that thread now!
    Shane "Swagg" Simon
    CEO/President
    Aiyam Entertainment
    Shaneasimon@gmail.com

PIN/ID
    304feb1f
    Okay one more question I noticed that thread was for VW, but someone posted that the same instructions will work for USC, is this true and if it is im guessing the number that the modem has to dial is #777? is this correct?
    Shane "Swagg" Simon
    CEO/President
    Aiyam Entertainment
    Shaneasimon@gmail.com

gixxerjoe no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Yes #777 is right. Here are the instructions stacker jjdm858 posted in the above link. Follow them and it works. And don't forget to send him thanks

Here's the instruction on how to do it. Pretty much same as others except you have to set it up a little.1.Note: the dm must be active to use you bb as a modem2. go to internet options and click add new connections ( make sure that you also click the option as "never dial a connection)3. click the #1 option (dial up private network) and click next4. check the standard modem5. will ask you for a phone number - type #7776. type whatever name you want - i write mine as Blackberry7. then, it will add as your new connection8. then, go to bb properties9. go to security tab10. click advanced (custom setting)11. On Data encryption..make sure it is on "Optional encryption (connect even if no encryption)"12. click the "Allow these protocols13. check the box from 3rd down..."Challenge blah,blah, blah;"Microsoft CHAP.blah, blah, blah"Allow older MS-CHAP blah, blah, blah"Microsoft CHAP Version blah, blah, blah"For MS-CHAP base blah, blah, blah14. click okay..will ask if you want to keep these setting..click ok15. then click okthen you all set baby....remember, the dm should be active to connect using your bb as a modem

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~