I got my phone like a week ago and every since i got it , ... BlackBerry Curve forum

msEngineer no está en línea Stack level 1

Please help with my wifi, this is my last hope:(

Advertisement

I got my phone like a week ago and every since i got it , its wifi has never worked! I got it new from t mobile and took it across seas with me. Now I have tried everything to make the wifi work, iv gone to 7 diff. hot spots with unsecured networks. I called BB customer service and T-mobile customer service, they both were no help :S I keep getting an error that says W002 and then it tells me unable to connect, try again later. Many techs have told me its somthing to do with my UMA the problem is i dont understand a thing about wifi termonology :S I really need someone to tell me whats wrong with the phone. I havent even gotten a chance to fully use it. Please help me out.

Thank you.

m2rueflip08 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Try reinstalling your os. That's what I would do!
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    If you could provide a little more info...what device are you using? UMA stands for Unlicensed Mobile Access, it allows you to switch between a WiFi connection and your phones mobile data connection...like EDGE or EVDO. Try deleting all of your WiFi connection profiles that you have saved and start over.

walkiniceberg no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21D45768
    I had a problem like that just last night. Sucky thing is, I was able to access the web browser using the wifi network in the hospital, but no messages,calls,bbm,or anything else. Just the browser. Any insight? Somebody? Anybody?
    BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by walkiniceberg View Post
    I had a problem like that just last night. Sucky thing is, I was able to access the web browser using the wifi network in the hospital, but no messages,calls,bbm,or anything else. Just the browser. Any insight? Somebody? Anybody?
    Many hospitals will use jamming devices so that your mobile signal is stopped. They do this so that patients will not be disturbed by ringing phones. Most of the time you will not even realize that your phone is being jammed.

Im using a BB curve 8900 and i did reset the settings to default where i had no hotspots saved...i really dunno what to do? any ideas what error W002 means?

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    W002 - Wi-Fi Connection Failed

Meaning: The phone was unable to get an IP address from the DHCP server in order to establish a connection.

1. If WEP encryption is in use, check that the key configured on the router matches the key entered on the phone.

2. DHCP may be disabled on the wireless router and there is no other DHCP server on the network. Make sure that the option of DHCP is set to enable on the wireless router.

3. DHCP pool may be exhausted - Need to increase the range of the DHCP server. If the number of devices currently connected to the WLAN is greater than the number of IP addresses available, then increase the range.

4. The wireless network the user is trying to connect to is configured for static IP addresses only, check with the system administrator for an IP address assignment.

5. Check if MAC filtering is enabled on the wireless router. If it is, check that the phone MAC address is on the Safe List, if not, add it.

I don't mean to sound dumb but i honestly did not understand a word of what you said. What is DHCP and MAC? and how do i check either?

Im also using a unsecure connection so i dont have access to the router

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    If the Wi-fi has never worked I wonder if it could be a faulty chip? Have you tried connecting to a Wifi spot at home which is a secure network, is your phone on Bis or BES. I wonder if it is BES if the administrator could dissable wifi on non secure networks. I know it can be done on PC's
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

walkiniceberg no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21D45768
    Quote Originally Posted by RayZ View Post
    Many hospitals will use jamming devices so that your mobile signal is stopped. They do this so that patients will not be disturbed by ringing phones. Most of the time you will not even realize that your phone is being jammed.
    Wow!! That's really something.... How was the browser able to work then? I mean, I was connected to the hospital's wifi network. You know what? I just realized something. Ok ok, this makes sense now. Thanks

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    This is an old post from Hayden, but it still gives you the basics on wifi set up. Try reading through this and see if it helps you out.

http://forums.pinstack.com/f227/getting_started_blackberry_wi_fi-46235/

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    First, do you have a wireless router at home you can test the connection on? Second have you noticed the Wi-Fi icon on the screen light up ever? Lastly, if you can get somewhere where you can scan for a wireless network, do it and even if you get the error, go to Options > Wi-Fi Connections on your device. Press the menu key and scroll down to Wi-Fi Tools. Click it and select Wi-Fi Diagnostics. What does it show under 'Status' under the Wi-Fi section? Scroll down to UMA and see if you have two little green check marks in the two boxes. Just below that is BlackBerry Infrastructure. Do you have those boxes checked?
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS