Can someone please help me get an audio book onto my 8300. I cant get ... BlackBerry Curve forum

samri no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    240653D5

Question Please help with Audio books for 8300

Advertisement

Can someone please help me get an audio book onto my 8300. I cant get roxio to let recognize the .wmd format that the books come in. If anyone can tell me how they get to listen to book on the 8300 i would be FOREVER greatful. Please provide instructions. Thanks SOOOOOOO much in advance.

-Sam

LadyRaider no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Please help with Audio books for 8300

I do not know how to help you specifically, but I know another tip for you.

On itunes, any of the free content can be converted to mp3.

So if you find some podcasts that you like, you can put them on your blackberry. There is one called Classic Tales that I have loaded onto my phone.

zipped no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Please help with Audio books for 8300

Well, it gets a bit techie... sorry for the geek factor in this response, lol.
    Okay a wmd file is a basic protected wma file (windows) which has embedded controls for graphical volume, etc.

There was one converter that could take this format and convert it to mp3, oog, etc.
    http://www.getfreesofts.com/soft/87/...sic_maker.html

Alternatively you can *supposedly* associate the file with Winrar, not sure how familiar you are with winzip, but this is a competing program you might already have on your computer. If you do, you can go to your file types, associate the wmd format with winrar (for it to open). Again *supposedly* it will open the wmd file, showing you all its parts, and you can extract the wma portion of the file.

Once you have done this, it is a basic wma file, just like mp3. Tons of free wma to mp3 converters on the web.

Sorry this is long winded. Now you might want to think carefully about mp3 formats for audio books. Audio books tend to be long, hence a huge mp3 file. Very tough to pause, turn off, then return to the spot you left off. You can't bookmark like a regular audio book.