Results 1 to 10 of 10

Hi everyone! Im planning on getting a Curve. But i was just wondering if i ... BlackBerry Curve forum

  1. #1
    missmai's Avatar
    missmai no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    PIN/ID
    want it?
    Posts
    116

    Please help? Windows Live Email.

    Advertisement



    Hi everyone! Im planning on getting a Curve. But i was just wondering if i can get my Windows Live email straight to my phone, like other emails. I used to own a Pearl, but i just sold it. So i wasnt really able to try it on the Pearl. I have tried Yahoo and Google before. So is this possible with Windows Live email too? Please help. Thank you.

  2. #2
    jake.schires's Avatar
    jake.schires no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    220
    Well my email is coming straight from my Gmail account, so I don't see why not.

  3. #3
    missmai's Avatar
    missmai no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    PIN/ID
    want it?
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by jake.schires View Post
    Well my email is coming straight from my Gmail account, so I don't see why not.
    yah i know that Gmail works. but i want to know if windows live email works too?

  4. #4
    skaii's Avatar
    skaii no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    PIN/ID
    242DEE39
    Posts
    73
    Due to Microsoft's unwillingness to switch to a POP3 email type, Hotmail may or may not work on your BlackBerry (depending on if you get lucky and if you've had your account for a while).

    For instance, I too have hotmail. It's my favorite email provider. I was able to get my account set up on my Curve but it was only able to send messages out with the Hotmail address. It was not able to receive any.

    One option you may want to consider is setting up your hotmail options so all your hotmail messages get forwarded to your BlackBerry email (or another email provider). That's what I did, and it works.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  5. #5
    jonnyxedge's Avatar
    jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Posts
    3,945
    it's a 0/50 shot. I have my manager who has his set up and a co-worker who cant get theres to set up at all. quite a bummer
    The BlackBerry Guru

    [x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

  6. #6
    missmai's Avatar
    missmai no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    PIN/ID
    want it?
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by skaii View Post
    Due to Microsoft's unwillingness to switch to a POP3 email type, Hotmail may or may not work on your BlackBerry (depending on if you get lucky and if you've had your account for a while).

    For instance, I too have hotmail. It's my favorite email provider. I was able to get my account set up on my Curve but it was only able to send messages out with the Hotmail address. It was not able to receive any.

    One option you may want to consider is setting up your hotmail options so all your hotmail messages get forwarded to your BlackBerry email (or another email provider). That's what I did, and it works.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    oh really? that's sad. well i guess ill just have to open a yahoo mail or maybe try what you suggested about forwarding my email. thank you.

    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyxedge View Post
    it's a 0/50 shot. I have my manager who has his set up and a co-worker who cant get theres to set up at all. quite a bummer
    that sucks. so is this the same with Windows Live Messenger? or Live Search? or is there any downloadable apps for this? thanks for your response.

  7. #7
    doughdaddy's Avatar
    doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,715
    Windows Live messanger can be added and used with JiveTalk by BeeJive. Works great and all major IM apps can be added at one time.

  8. #8
    sorash@aol.com's Avatar
    sorash@aol.com no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    PIN/ID
    2896B648
    Posts
    165
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~aloha. I did asked the same question a month ago. Someone in my forum told me to use my browser n type microsoft.com/window. And it setup. First it will ask u for screen name n password n add ir to ur bookmark. after u set it up anyday just open ur browser n it should be right there.
    I use it everyday to send n receive email. Also if this. Doesn't help u look few weeks ago I ask under general bb n I received many suggestion that also works. Thx. Sorash.

  9. #9
    jonnyxedge's Avatar
    jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Posts
    3,945
    Check out this thread. If you are unable to get it set up go to to this thread and follow the link. It will allow you to access your hotmail email
    Possible Hotmail Solution
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._solution.html

    Also you can still access windows live it should come defualt but there are 3rd party instant messaging clients that will allow you to access windows live messaging. Just like dougdaddy listed above.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  10. #10
    missmai's Avatar
    missmai no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    PIN/ID
    want it?
    Posts
    116
    thanks everyone for helping me... i really appreciate it all. thank you..

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •